Cancer treatment and surgery can make you physically and mentally tired.
Research, however, shows that regular physical activity reduces the side effects that result from cancer treatment
- Exercising can lessen your fatigue and improve your mood and sleep.
- Rehabilitation can help you stay independent and improve your quality of life
- Exercising also can decrease anxiety and strengthen your immune system
Our Cancer Rehabilitation Program helps you safely increase your activity. Our therapists will evaluate your needs and goals, while working with you and your physician to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Physical therapy can help you:
Occupational therapy can help you:
- Increase strength and endurance
- Improve range of motion, balance and flexibility
- Decrease pain
- Reduce nerve discomfort
Speech-language pathology can help with:
- Improve attention, organization and problem-solving
- Learn ways to conserve your energy
- Improve independence in daily activities
- Determine adaptive equipment needs
- Language deficits
- Cognitive linguistic issues
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulty)
- Head and neck cancer services
Related Services & Specialties
Providers affiliated with Fairview providing treatment at independent clinics. Please verify coverage with your health insurer.