Specializing in Cancer Medications
We work collaboratively with doctors and other health care providers to ensure you receive safe and effective cancer care. Your medications, both infused and taken by mouth (oral), are the cornerstones of cancer treatment. We provide personalized medication therapy with a comprehensive array of services that support all your medication needs including:
- Disease and side effect management
- Dosing adjustments
- Medication adherence
- Inventory management
- Infusion preparation
- Oral and intravenous chemotherapy
- Safe handling and disposal of chemotherapy medications
- Subcutaneous injection teaching
- Cancer treatment prescriptions from our on-site retail pharmacies: pick up or delivered direct to you
- Infusion benefits verification ensures your treatment is covered before you arrive for your appointment.
- Oral medicine reimbursement expertise
Oral Chemotherapy Management
Oral chemotherapy offers the ease and flexibility of taking cancer medicine at home. To make sure you get the best care possible, we provide an Oral Chemotherapy Management Program with a team of pharmacists to work with you between clinic visits to resolve any medication issues you may have.
When you meet with our Pharmacist you will:
- Understand the purpose of your medicine, when to start taking it, and how often.
- Learn the possible side effects or interactions with other prescriptions, and how to manage them.
Our Pharmacist will maintain phone contact with you:
- To ensure your medicine is delivered in the proper dose and with instructions
- To check for side effects
- To suggest ways to remember to take your medicine
- To review lab results, schedule lab appointments
- Work with you and your doctor to address any issues
- Connect you with our Pharmacy Liaisons for prescription financial support
Our cancer clinics have partners who are your pharmacy advocates, called oncology pharmacy liaisons.
Whenever a take-home medicine is prescribed, they can be your connection to the pharmacy to provide the best service possible.
Our oncology pharmacy liaisons can:
- Work closely with your doctor and care team.
- Review your medicines and work with your pharmacist to ensure they are working safely and well.
- Help you learn about what your insurance will cover.
- Get any needed authorizations from your insurance company.
- Arrange to have your medicines delivered to your home, infusion center or for pickup at a Fairview Pharmacy.
- See if you are able to get help with paying for your medicines
Our prescription prices are comparable to those of other pharmacies. We accept most major insurance plans, including Medicare Part D.
Our oncology pharmacy liaisons can see if you are able to get help with paying for your medicines. Other pharmacies do not offer this service.
You can refill your prescriptions in-person at any of our more than 30 Fairview Pharmacy locations, online or by phone.
Refill your prescription online or call 612-375-0025 any time of day.
Contact an oncology pharmacy liaison
Email us with your pharmacy needs. We’d be happy to help, DEPT-ONCLIAISON@fairview.org.