Frequently Asked Questions

Your care team includes Intake Specialists – they work closely with patients and families to answer questions about insurance coverage. They also connect with referring providers and insurance representatives to verify eligibility for service, provide required documentation, and verify reimbursement for medications and supplies. We’ll aggressively advocate with payers for your prescribed therapy so you can begin treatment as soon as possible. We work with all major insurance providers.

For specific questions about your bill, please call our Billing Office: 612-672-7356, option 1

Insurance Intake Specialist: 612-672-7444

Home Infusion Care Team: 612-672-2233 or 800-642-8845

Prescription Assistance: 612-672-5667

Email us your question or feedback about your care:

Frequently Asked Questions

Does my insurance cover home infusion therapy? How much will it cost?

Our Intake Specialists work with you, your providers and your insurance to verify coverage and out of pocket costs. We will work with you to establish a payment plan or prescription assistance. Connect with your Intake Specialist by calling 612-672-7444. We are here to help.

Prescription assistance

Whenever possible, your Intake Specialist can help establish payment plans, or prescription assistance. Call our Prescription Assistance Specialist, 612-672-5667.

Drug manufacturers may also offer assistance programs to reduce the overall cost of prescriptions. Your intake specialist may be able to inform you of drug manufacturers’ prescription assistance programs.

Why did I receive a bill?

Please call the billing office at 612-672-7356 for questions about your bill.

Per diem

Fairview Home Infusion charges a per diem (per day) fee to support the professional services related to your therapy. The per diem includes, but is not limited to: dispensing and compounding medications, delivery, supplies and equipment, clinical monitoring and care coordination. The per diem does not include drugs, except for TPN prescriptions, and does not include nursing visits.

HCPCS unit

The bill for drugs is coded with HCPCS units (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System). This is the standard billing unit in Minnesota and Medicare. Using HCPCS for billing helps to standardize the billing for each individual drug and its dosage. Each drug is assigned a numerical I.D. (code) and an HCPCS unit-number. The unit-number is related to the dosage of the drug. For example, an HCPCS unit-number of 1 could mean 500 mg of a particular drug. HCPCS units are not the same for every drug and dosage. An HCPCS unit is assigned for each individual drug and dosage.

When will my medication deliveries arrive?

Delivery times vary. Please contact your pharmacy coordinator or your pharmacy team for the delivery time.

How do I get more infusion supplies?

We try to deliver medicine and supplies once a week, however, this depends on the shelf life of the medicine (when it expires), a patient’s lab results, or a change in doctor’s orders. Call your care team at 612-672-2233 if you are unexpectedly running low on supplies.

How long will I be on my infusion medication?

Call your personal care team at 612-672-2233. The pharmacist will review your doctor’s orders to confirm the length of therapy prescribed for you.

Is my pump working properly?

Call your personal care team member at 612-672-2233 for help to set-up and troubleshoot your infusion pump. Watch the patient education TPN video. Read the troubleshooting tips or the overview of screen prompts on your pump.

When is my next nurse visit?

Please call 612-672-2233 and ask to speak to the nurse scheduler.

Where can I receive information about my pump, my port, my TPN, etc.?

Visit our patient education resources for videos and details on home infusion topics. If you need further help, please call your care team at 612-672-2233.

How can I donate unused medical supplies?

You can give your extra supplies (sterile or unopened) to the medical charity of your choice or call Global Health Ministries at 763-586-9590. Note that many places can’t accept saline or heparin. Local animal humane societies, animal shelters and veterinary clinics often take unused medical supplies. Local churches also often take donations. If you have any questions or concerns about extra medicines or supplies, please call us at 612-672-2233 or 800-642-8845.

Global Health Ministries
Sends needed supplies to overseas medical facilities
7831 Hickory Street NE
Fridley, MN 55432-2500

Distributes to those in need in the local community.
5012 53rd St. S. Suite C
Fargo, ND 58104

Orphan Grain Train
Services those in need in America and world-wide
Many local contacts are available within the US. For contact information, please visit:

Tri-County Humane Society
735 8th St. NE
St. Cloud MN 56304

What should I do in an emergency?

  • For all life-threatening emergencies, Call 911 (Fairview Home Infusion is not a 911 service)
  • Police, ambulance, fire: Call 911
  • Poison control: Call 800-222-1222
  • For information and supplies during an emergency:
    • Call Fairview Home Infusion at 612-672-2233. If the line is busy, please call the answering service at 952-924-8165.

What to do in an emergency

1. During a disaster, your personal safety is our first concern. Let us know if you lose power, supplies or medicines. We’ll tell you how to manage your medicines. If you can’t reach us during an emergency, call a local emergency room for help.
2. Tell us your new location if you need to leave your home and let us know when you are able to return home.
3. Tell local power supply companies about power failures.
4. Unplug pumps before water comes into contact with IV poles or when power supplies are unsafe or failing.
5. Use other sources of light like flashlights or candles. Whenever you can tolerate it, turn off oxygen before lighting candles. Be sure to keep the oxygen tubing away from any flames! CAUTION: Do not use candles or matches until you have checked for gas leaks.
6. Leave your home, if needed, to avoid getting hurt. If you need an infusion pump or other medicine, during a disaster, you may need to stay in the hospital.
7. If you can’t get out of bed by yourself, and you need to leave home, tell your caregiver to:
  • Place a sheet or strong blanket underneath you and tie a knot at the top and bottom of the sheet
  • Using the sheet, they can pull you to safety
  • If two people can help, they can make a chair out of their arms and carry you to safety

How to prepare for an emergency

  1. Get details about emergencies like tornados or blizzards before they happen.
  2. Always follow guidelines and orders given by local authorities.
  3. If possible, go to the nearest shelter when told by local authorities.
  4. Store a transistor radio, flashlights, pipe wrench (for gas, water and shut-off valves), plenty of batteries, blankets, fuel wood or heating oil, food and bottled water to be prepared in case of an emergency. Use a back-up generator whenever available.
More emergency preparedness information is available at