How much do you know about respiratory protection? Select the best response to the following statements. Answers appear at the bottom of the page.
1. You need protection from respiratory hazards both on and off the job.
2. You can smell all gases and vapors.
3. A respiratory protection program:
A. is designed to protect your health
B. is a team effort involving you and your employer
C. teaches you how to care for a respirator
D. all of the above
4. A maintenance-free respirator needs to be cleaned after each use.
5. Which one of the following may prevent you from wearing a full-face mask?
A. you don't want to wear it
B. you have a skin condition
C. you wear glasses
D. the strap messes up your hair
6. A maintenance-free dust mask provides protection in IDLH settings.
7. An atmosphere-supplying respirator:
A. is best for light use
B. never provides protection in IDLH settings
C. uses a separate air supply
D. is maintenance-free
8. Which of the following may require you to be fitted for a new respirator?
A. getting dentures
C. having a facial injury
D. any of the above
9. A respirator is effective only when it fits correctly.
10. If you don't use a respirator and are exposed to hazards, you may develop health problems such as bronchitis or even cancer.
© 2000-2017 The StayWell Company, LLC. 780 Township Line Road, Yardley, PA 19067. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions.