What is care coordination?
Fairview Care Coordination supports patients and families dealing with chronic or complex health conditions, developmental issues, and social service needs. This service is available to patients of all ages, from babies to seniors.
Care coordination can:
- Help you understand your options when you’re facing a difficult decision about caring for yourself or a loved one.
- Identify community resources that might help you and provide referrals.
- Assist with practical issues, including financial, legal, mental health, and transportation needs.
- Provide education related to medical conditions and disease management.
- Help you cope effectively and facilitate communication with your care team.
Is care coordination right for me?
If your care requires you to see multiple providers at different locations, or if you are newly diagnosed with a chronic illness, care coordination can make it easier to get the care you need. We coordinate your health care through a team approach with your input. Your team identifies and assists you in accessing the medical and community services you need to reach your best medical, social, economic, and psychological health.
Meet your care coordination team
Registered nurse care coordinator:
• Focuses on complex medical needs.
• Develops patient and family-centered goals.
• Provides education on medications, disease management, and new diagnosis.
• Connects you to resources and addresses concerns about medical conditions.
• Communicates with care team to optimize overall health and well-being.
Social worker care coordinator:
• Focuses on emotional health needs
• Provides education related to diagnosis
• Develops patient and family-centered goals
• Connects to variety of community-based resources
• Communicates with care team and community partners
How can I connect with a care coordinator?
• Contact your clinic.
• Speak with your doctor or clinic staff.
• Discuss with care coordination with hospital staff before discharge.
Fairview Mesaba Clinics
To schedule an appointment with a Fairview provider, call 866-806-7139.