Welcome to Fairview Northland Medical Center
Fairview Northland Medical Center is dedicated to meeting the health care needs of our patients and their families and to making your stay with us as pleasant and as comfortable as possible.
Your care team
During your stay in the hospital, your care will be provided by hospitalists, nurses and other specialists as needed, including respiratory or physical therapists. A hospitalist is a doctor who cares for patients in the hospital. Hospitalists have more experience in caring for complex medical problems. Their special training helps them to find and figure out unusual illnesses, anticipate problems and respond quickly to crisis or changes in a patient’s medical problem. At Fairview Northland Medical Center, our hospitalists are specialists in internal medicine and pediatrics. They regularly communicate with your primary care doctor so that he or she is fully aware of your care while hospitalized.
In most cases, you may visit patients anytime, however the frequency and length of visiting hours vary according to patient needs. Between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., please use the Emergency Department entrance.
Amenities to help make your stay more comfortable:
- Lounges are available for family and friends who need space to rest or talk.
- Newspapers are available in lounges and at nursing stations.
- Your mail and flowers from friends and family are delivered daily, Monday through Saturday.
- Your friends and families may send an online e-card to stay in touch and send their wishes.
- Stamps are available for purchase in the Gift Shop. Any staff member can arrange to mail a letter for you.
- The chapel, located in the lower level, is open to patients and families 24-hours-a-day for prayer and meditation.
- Our healing garden is open seasonally during daytime hours.
- Satellite television in each room provides a variety of closed circuit, local and national channels.
- Wireless internet is available throughout the building. We also provide guest computers that you may use to access the internet in a number of public areas in the hospital. Guest computers are available in the emergency department, on the inpatient unit, in the Birthplace and Surgery Center.
- Our gift shop is open weekdays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for small items you may need.
Your doctor will specify a diet that best meets your medical and nutritional needs. Most patients can order food from a restaurant-style menu between 7 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Selections will be modified to suit your dietary needs. Patients who do not use the room service will receive meals chosen for them by nutrition services and delivered at traditional meal times.
The Northland Café, located on the hospital’s lower level, is designed to offer our guests and staff a convenient place to enjoy a meal. The Café is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Our menu features homemade soups, sandwiches and salad bar, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
Changing menus featuring a variety of entrées are served daily between the following hours:
Lunch: 11 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Dinner: 5 – 6:30 p.m.
For your convenience , we offer Fairview Pharmacy right in the hospital. You can fill prescriptions, buy over-the-counter products and breast-feeding supplies.
Fragrances and smoking
We are a fragrance and smoke-free facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the hospital campus.
Preparing to go home may seem a long way off. But the reality is that time will pass quickly. Soon, you’ll be leaving the hospital and planning is an important part of your healing process. Our care team is here to help make this transition as smooth as possible. We encourage you to talk with your doctor and nurses, and to ask any questions, as they occur.