Brain Injury Services is one our signature programs and was the first of its kind in Minnesota. Our focus is on improving patients' cognitive and functional skills while reducing emotional and behavioral difficulties, so patients can successfully rejoin their communities.
An interdisciplinary team of professionals cares for each brain injury patient. The Brain Injury Services team first assesses each patient’s cognitive, behavioral, and physical needs. Then, the team develops an individualized treatment plan, incorporating behavioral management into the overall medical and rehabilitation program.
Here are just a few of the things that set our program apart:
- A broad interdisciplinary team featuring certified brain injury specialists in nursing and therapy, along with daily physician visits
- Individualized treatment plans incorporating cognitive, behavioral, and physical needs
- Therapy up to six days a week, one to two times per day (based on care plan)
- One-to-one and group therapy services led by highly skilled physical, occupational, speech, and therapeutic recreation staff
- 16,000 square feet of therapy space with a variety of equipment for use with patients at differing levels of function (in-room therapy is also available)
- Music, recreation, and exercise groups on the unit and in the therapy department
- New unit with large group and family spaces for visiting
- A focus on developing solutions for daily living at the patient’s highest possible level of function
- A continuum of care under one roof, so patients with multiple diagnoses can receive all care in one location
- Regularly scheduled meetings with the interdisciplinary team, patient, and family to review progress and plan for discharge
- Patient and family resources including support groups and links to local support organizations, arrangements for home health care, assistance with post-discharge living options, and more
- Outpatient clinic for seamless follow-up care
- Secure outdoor treatment and recreation area
In addition to inpatient care, we also offer outpatient brain injury care .
The following diagnoses may benefit from Brain Injury Services:
- Anoxic brain injury
- Seizure disorder
- Spinal cord injury
- Other neurological disorders and conditions
Contact Brain Injury Services
For more information on our Brain Injury Services program, call our Admissions department: 651-232-2760