East Metro Heart Care
Built around you
What does that mean for the heart care patients who currently receive care at St. Joseph’s? Our commitment: Comprehensive, compassionate care in St. Paul and beyond remains our top priority.
Later this year, we will relocate the heart care services currently centered at St. Joseph’s to our other East Metro hospital campuses: M Health Fairview St. John’s Hospital in Maplewood and M Health Fairview Woodwinds Hospital in Woodbury.
Throughout this transformation, our heart care patients will still have access to the same experts, services, and commitment that earned us the designation as the best heart program in the East Metro. In 2020, our heart care team at St. Joseph’s Hospital was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in a variety of heart care procedures, including abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery, heart failure, and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
We will continue to see heart patients at St. Joseph’s Hospital through the end of December, when the following transitions will begin to take effect:
- Heart care appointments will be scheduled at our heart clinics located at St. John’s and Woodwinds, as well as the M Health Fairview Clinic – Midway in St. Paul starting early next year. We also will continue to care for patients at our heart clinics in Stillwater and River Falls.
- Cardiac catheterization procedures such as angioplasties and implanting stents will be scheduled at St. John’s, as will electrophysiology (EP) procedures.
- Implanting devices such as pacemakers will be done at Woodwinds.
- Cardiac rehabilitation will move to St. John’s and Woodwinds.
- A select few procedures such as TAVR and MitraClip will temporarily be scheduled at M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis or M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina. All initial tests and evaluations for these procedures, as well as follow-up care, will take place at St. John’s. A future expansion will allow us to perform these and other complex procedures at St. John’s.
If you’re already one of our patients, no action is required on your part at this time. We will be happy to discuss your options and preferences when we schedule your next visit. If you have any questions in the meantime, we encourage you to call our East Metro heart care experts at 651-326-4327.
We appreciate your flexibility, as we understand that this change may inconvenience you. Thank you for putting your trust in us as your care team.