”A community, learning together, to improve healthcare and health”
Our work with students is led by our Education team. The Education team – led by Chief Academic Officer Dr. Bradley Benson and Mira Jurich, Education Manager – is focused on the learner, educator and education program support. We strive to provide an exceptional clinical education experience for our learners in a team-based best practice care setting.
As a part of our commitment to education, we provide students with clinical and non-clinical learning experiences. Students from colleges and universities with which Fairview has an affiliation agreement are eligible to participate in learning experiences such as clinical rotations or precepted experiences for credit in our facilities. Our team is available to assist you with clinical and non-clinical student placements and onboarding.
Our team is working a number of initiatives including implementing a new learner management system (led by Mira Jurich), building and strengthening our telehealth opportunities for learners within our system across the continuum of care (led by Dr. Josh Thompson, Telehealth Education Lead), and building and strengthening our diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategy for both learners and educators across our organization in collaboration and partnership with leaders at the University of Minnesota and M Health Fairview (led by Dr. Taj Mustapha, DEI Education Lead).
Clinical Experience Information
- For Schools
- If you are an affiliated school who is seeking clinical placements for your students, please work directly with your M Health Fairview Education Coordinator.
- If you are with a school not that we do not currently have an affiliation agreement with, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and you will be directed to the appropriate staff member for assistance.
- For Students
- Students looking to do a clinical experience at one of our sites should work with their school clinical coordinator to reach our staff. Please note we are currently only able to support students who are at affiliated schools, or students who are currently employees of Fairview Health Services or University of Minnesota Physicians.
- Clinician Nexus
- Clinician Nexus is our placement and onboarding system. Once assigned to a clinical rotation in our health system, you will be directed to create an account to complete your required onboarding. Find out more at https://app.cliniciannexus.com/.
- Education team
- The education team looks forward to assisting from the start through the end of your clinical experience. The team is led by Mira Jurich and supported by coordinators Amanda Brandt, Callie Barnette, Emily Wilson, Jennifer Janacek, Kelly Cardenas, Kristina Ho, Michael Lambert, and Nicole Breen. If you are a new student or school looking to connect with a coordinator, please reach out to email@example.com.
COVID-19 information hub for students and schools
- Vaccine requirement: Fairview Health Services has a workplace requirement for the flu and COVID-19 vaccines for all providers, employees, students, volunteers, vendors, observers, and contractors effective Sunday, October 31. As a healthcare system and an organization deeply rooted in our community, it’s our responsibility to protect the wellbeing of our teams, to provide a safe and healthy environment for those we serve, and to set an example for our neighbors. Research overwhelmingly shows that getting a flu vaccine and a COVID-19 vaccine dramatically reduces your chances of spreading disease, experiencing severe illness and, potentially, death. We need to do everything we can to prevent the spread of disease within our system and our community. The deadline to receive the annual flu and the COVID-19 vaccines or an accommodation is Sunday, Oct. 31, this is a condition to participate in an onsite clinical rotation at Fairview. Students who are not compliant by October 31, will not be able to complete their clinical experience at our institution
- PPE requirements
Face Coverings and Respiratory Protection
- We have resumed our onsite observations. High school, undergraduate, and career exploration observers are limited to 24 hours per experience and observations are to not be used to fulfill academic credit. Please see this document for a more detailed outline of the observation process.