Welcome to Fairview!
Congratulations on your new position with Fairview Health Services. To ensure a smooth onboarding process, please read through each section on this page and complete any to-do items listed. Failure to complete each required step properly may result in a delay of your start date.
NOTE: Each step below may not be required for your position. Please refer to your confirmation letter for a complete list of to-do items needing to be completed.
Please complete the following PRIOR to your new hire paperwork appointment.
- Criminal background check:
- Fairview will conduct a criminal background check (this does not include a credit check) and a Vulnerable Adults Act background check.
- Please complete the background check process now using our online verification center: http://myvci.com/fairviewrecruitmentcenter
- Department of Human Services Background study:
- Minnesota state law, passed in 2014, requires that people who will provide services to children and vulnerable adults, in certain health and human service and child care settings, have a background study (consisting of being fingerprinted and photographed) completed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Please complete the DHS application process now at https://netstudy2.dhs.state.mn.us/Applicant.
- You will need the Provider Number listed in your confirmation letter to complete this process.
- Authorization to work:
- In order to verify legal U.S. residency, we use utilize an automated system.
- Please visit www.newi9.com to enter the required information.
- Our Employer ID is 13078. Select Fairview Health Services for the location.
- The remainder of the verification process will be completed at your new hire paperwork appointment.
- Pension/Retirement questionnaire
New Hire Paperwork Appointment
Your new hire paperwork appointment is located at 2020 Minnehaha Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55404. The date and time are listed on your confirmation letter.
When you arrive, please ring the doorbell and state you are there for your new hire appointment. Proceed to the third floor and follow the signage. This meeting takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Click here for parking directions.
What will be completed at your appointment:
- Your photo will be taken for your badge.
- Verification of job required certification(s). Please bring your BLS, diploma, transcript, and/or any other certification cards or documentation as required for your new position.
- Verification of your acceptable I-9 documents.
- DHS fingerprinting and photograph.
Employee Occupational Health Screen Appointment
Based on your work location, you may be required to complete an in-person occupational health screen appointment.
- If you are required to complete an in-person appointment: The date, time and location of the appointment is listed on your confirmation letter. View directions and required information needed for your scheduled Pre-Placement Health appointment.
- If you are not required to complete an in-person appointment: Even though your work location may not include direct patient contact, Employee Occupational Health Services will call you for a health review prior to your start date and, if needed, schedule an appointment. This will ensure you are able to meet the requirements of your new position.
Your First Day at New Employee Welcome
- Check your email for an Eventbrite confirmation containing location and parking information, along with the day’s agenda, dress code and other pertinent information.
- You will receive information regarding your benefits enrollment at the New Employee Welcome.
- Lactation and prayer rooms will be available.
Your Second Day and Beyond
- Your hiring leader will be reaching out to you to discuss your first week of employment and orientation schedule.
- If you are in a nursing or nursing/clinical support position, you will receive separate information regarding your System Nursing orientation schedule one week prior to your start date. Watch your email for more details.
Important Forms and Resources
If you have any questions about your new position and employment, please contact the Fairview recruiter listed on your confirmation letter.