Supporting your scholarship journey
We offer educational funding to eligible employees in honor of Paula Welford, RN, MSN, and in recognition of the importance of baccalaureate preparation for professional nursing. Throughout her career, Paula promoted, encouraged and helped facilitate staff to seek higher educational opportunities in nursing.
Nurses who wish to continue their education toward a bachelor’s, master's or doctorate degree in nursing can apply for this fund.
Guidelines for the Paula Welford Legacy Education Fund
This fund is available for the continuation of education for nurses enrolled in a bachelor’s, master's or doctorate degree program for nursing. Fairview Ridges Hospital and hospital-based clinic nurses who have been employed for one year or more are encouraged to apply.
To qualify, you must:
- be a regularly scheduled employee (.5 or greater)
- continue to work during the period of study
- intend to continue working with Fairview Ridges Hospital
How to apply
- A paper copy can be obtained from Nursing Administration at Fairview Ridges Hospital.
- The application deadline is July 1.
- Fill out an online application.
- Submit your completed application to your manager for comments and signature (it won't be accepted without manager’s signature).
- Send your completed application to Nursing Administration.
Sources of proof you'll need
Proof of acceptance into a nursing program must be provided with your application, such as:
- acceptance letter for nursing program
- letter from advisor
- proof of course registration
- business office correspondence
How applicants are selected
Applications are reviewed by the Engagement and Healthy Work Environment Council and funds are awarded based on the following:
- Educational goal objective of Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degrees in nursing
- Clear relationship of objective related to present or future nursing practice
- Manager recommendation
- Approval by EHWE Council
Time and conditions of payment:
- Payment of award will be made within 90 days of notice upon successful completion of your designated courses.
- A copy of your grade transcripts and fee statements are to be sent to the Engagement and Healthy Work Environment Council chair at Fairview Ridges.
- If courses are taken with a letter grade, you must attain a minimum of a “C."
- If courses are taken on a pass/fail basis, you must attain a “pass” status.
Source of education funds
These education funds are provided through fundraising activities during Nurses Week and other events sponsored by the EHWE.
Contact for more information
Engagement and Healthy Work Environment Council Co-Chairs:
Dana Feld 952-892-2151
Donna Blaul 952-892-2385
Jennifer Mirabueno 952-892-2380