Our Pharmacy Residency Program is tailored to you
The Pharmacy Residency Program consists of direct patient care experiences in medicine, surgery, critical care, pediatrics, ambulatory care, and various specialty areas. Each resident's experience is tailored to individual interests and clinical skill development needs. During this program you will:
- Obtain broad clinical experience or develop specialty interest through elective rotations.
- Attend departmental meetings and seminars.
- Discuss diverse topics of pharmacy practice and healthcare at weekly resident conference.
- Visit hospital departments within Fairview and pharmacy departments at other hospitals.
- Serve as teaching assistants at the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy.
- Work directly with experienced preceptors and have opportunities to educate pharmacy students and other healthcare providers.
- Develop and complete a project of original research then present at Midwest Residency Conference.
Fairview Health Services offers eight pharmacy residency programs:
- PGY-1 (Ambulatory Focused)
- PGY-1 (Fairview Northland Medical Center)
- PGY-1 (Fairview Ridges Hospital)
- PGY-1 (Fairview Southdale Hospital)
- PGY-1 (University of Minnesota Medical Center/Masonic)
- Behavioral PGY-1 (University of Minnesota Medical Center/Masonic)
- Critical Care PGY-2 (University of Minnesota Medical Center/Masonic)
- Infectious Disease PGY-2 (University of Minnesota Medical Center/Masonic)
- Oncology PGY-2 (University of Minnesota Medical Center/Maple Grove)
- Pediatric PGY-2 (University of Minnesota Medical Center/Masonic)
- Health-System Pharmacy Administration PGY-1/2 (University of Minnesota Medical Center/ Masonic/FPS)
Frequently Asked Questions
National Matching Services Codes
Applying to the residency program
Applicants for the residency program must be eligible for licensure in the State of Minnesota. Interested applicants should complete the requirements (basic demographic information, letter of intent, CV, college transcripts and 3 letters of recommendation) in PHORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application). There are no additional application materials needed via PHORCAS.