Become a perioperative nurse
This program is intended to fill critical perioperative nursing vacancies within Fairview. The cost of each nurse's education is paid and nurses earn a salary while they learn.
The program consists of classroom, lab and clinical practicum and is open to internal and external candidates. Fairview offers this program when we are unable to fill our vacancies with fully trained and qualified applicants.
Requirements are as follows:
- An AD RN degree is required.
- New graduate RNs who hold a BSN/BAN degree are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must hold a current Minnesota RN license and current BLS certification with American Heart Association or American Red Cross as a health care provider at the time of application.
- Applicants must complete both the Fairview online application for employment and the perioperative application packet.
- Applicants must have a strong desire/career goal to work as a RN in the operating room environment.
- Applicants must agree to work in accepted position for a minimum of two years after completing the program. The program is approximately six months long.
RN’s are hired into open positions before starting the program. Position and application materials will be posted here when we are accepting applications. There are two steps to apply.
- Apply online for the specific, posted position.
- Complete the perioperative application packet, which will be posted here when we are accepted applications.
Participants are eligible for 40 nursing contact hours in the program developed by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN). Nurses are paid a salary during the program according to Fairview’s RN step and grade scale.
Note: The training program is considered a “loan” by the IRS and accrues simple interest at 6 percent. The loan and interest are considered “forgiven” after the work commitment is completed and do not need to be paid back. However, at that point, according to IRS guidelines, both the loan and interest become taxable income and are taxed at the supplemental rate of 38.9 percent.
For more information, contact Regina Pekarek at firstname.lastname@example.org.