Instructions for students in physical therapy, occupational therapy, audiology, speech language pathology and cardiac rehab.
Welcome to Fairview! As you prepare to begin your clinical affiliation with us, here are several instructions and resources to help you on your way.
You should have received a letter detailing your affiliation including facility and parking instructions, dates, supervisor and schedule.
Before your first day
Prior to your first day at Fairview, we ask that you:
- Complete the Required Learning. This contains fundamental information for a safe work environment and is required for all students. Complete the online learning modules, then print and sign the student documentation form to verify completion. . Please note, students do not need to take the test at the end of the modules, the student documentation form is what is needed to verify completion of the module.
- Review and sign the professional behaviors document
- Read the dress code
On your first day
Please bring the following required materials when you arrive on your first day:
- Proof of CPR certification (CPR content must be CPR for health care providers—not a general overview—and current through the end of your affiliation). This is not required for Level 1 OT students.
- Proof of a negative TST test (Tuberculosis Skin Test or Mantoux)—negative two-step TST test or blood assay M. tuberculosis (BAMT)—completed within the past year and current through the end of your affiliation.
- A photo ID for use in securing your Fairview ID badge
- Your signed Required Learning student documentation form and professional behaviors document
- Fairview Achievement Center/Fairview Rehabilitation Services-St. Paul
- Fairview Lakes Medical Center, Wyoming, Minn. and nearby Fairview Clinics in Chisago City, North Branch and Pine City
- Fairview Northland Medical Center, Princeton, Minn. and nearby Fairview Clinics in Milaca and Zimmerman
- Fairview Rehabilitation Services-Burnsville/Fairview Pediatric Rehabilitation-Burnsville
- Fairview Rehabilitation Services-Edina/Fairview Pediatric Rehabilitation-Edina
- Fairview Ridges Hospital, Burnsville, Minn.
- Fairview Southdale Hospital, Edina, Minn.
- Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital, Grand Rapids, Minn.
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, West Bank campus, Minneapolis, Minn.
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, East Bank campus, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Fairview Range Medical Center, 750 East 34th St., Hibbing, MN 55746
- Fairview Pediatric Rehabilitation Services - Monticello: 305 Cedar Street, Suite 201, Monticello, MN 55362
- Fairview Pediatric Rehabilitation Services - New Hope: 9220 Bass Lake Road, Suite 260, New Hope, MN 55428
If you have any questions about your upcoming clinical experience, please contact the individual listed in your letter or, for general information about academic fieldwork, please contact:
Learn more about Fairview Rehabilitation Services.