Fairview offers total rewards to fit your life. We know you and your family have different personal and financial health needs at different stages in life. Employees authorized 48 or more hours per pay period enjoy a wide range of both traditional benefits and leading-edge rewards. You will enroll online at the time of hire and each year during Open Enrollment. During enrollment, you will make choices for medical, dental and vision insurance, health care and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, and much more.
The information below is an overview. Additional information is available through Fairview’s Employee Service Center, 612-672-5050 or toll-free 877-903-5050.
Fairview offers three medical plan options. Dependents are also eligible for coverage (proof of dependent status will be required upon enrollment of a new dependent). Coverage is effective after 30 days of employment.
Each medical plan includes an annual deductible. Once you’ve met the deductible, you will pay medical and prescription drug coinsurance until you meet the plan’s out-of-pocket maximum.
In all three medical plans, you receive the best coverage by visiting Fairview, HealthEast, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Physician Associates providers and facilities. This group is called Enhanced Value Providers. View all provider directories
Office visits, prescription drugs, and hospital services are subject to the deductible. The exception is preventive care, which is covered at 100 percent (except at out-of-network providers). Note: In the PreferredHealth Narrow Network Plan, primary care services at Enhanced Value Providers are not subject to the deductible.
Coinsurance amounts depend on the type of service (e.g., primary care, urgent care, emergency department, etc.) If you seek care from an in-network provider, you will pay either 10 or 20 percent of the cost.
Your prescription drug coinsurance depends on the type of drug and where you purchase your prescription. View coinsurance amounts for generic, brand, and specialty drugs.
What you pay each pay period for medical insurance depends on how many people you cover and which plan you choose. View premium rates
for each plan.
Fairview offers two dental plan options, both administered by Delta Dental. Dependents are also eligible. Coverage is effective after 30 days of employment. View premium rates for Fairview’s dental plans.
Employees have the option to enroll in the vision plan administered by VSP. Dependents are also eligible. Coverage is effective after 30 days of employment. View premium rates for Fairview’s vision plan.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
You have nine coverage levels to choose from for life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance: $10,000, $50,000, or an amount equaling one to seven times your salary. Coverage is effective the 91st day of employment. Optional life insurance can be purchased for your spouse and children. Coverage is subject to benefit reductions after age 70.
Disability insurance provides salary continuance in the event that you become disabled and are unable to work. Coverage is effective after 90 days of employment.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance: You choose between a benefit equal to 50 percent of your weekly earnings to a maximum benefit of $3,000 per week, or 65 percent of your weekly earnings to a maximum benefit of $5,192 per week. Coverage begins after seven calendar days of disability and is tax-free.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: You choose between a benefit equal to 50 percent of your monthly earnings to a maximum benefit of $16,000 per month, or 60 percent of your monthly earnings to a maximum benefit of $22,500 per month. Long-term disability coverage begins after 180 calendar days of disability and is tax-free. Own occupation/own specialty coverage is available.
Employees authorized to work 48 to 59 hours per pay period have the option to waive short-term and long-term disability coverage.
Retirement: 403(b) and 401(k) Plans
All employees are eligible upon hire to contribute to a tax-deferred 403(b) or 401(k) retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments. This includes casual-status employees who would normally not be eligible for benefits. New hires will be automatically enrolled into the tax-deferred option at a three percent contribution level on the first pay date following 30 days of employment. Employees may opt-out of this automatic enrollment or change their contribution amount by contacting Fidelity at 1-800-343-0860 or www.netbenefits.com/Fairiew
. Any contributions made cannot be refunded.
Effective Jan. 2019, a Roth deferral option is being added to the 403(b) and 401(k) plans. The Roth option allows you to contribute after pre-tax dollars to your account at Fidelity and make potentially tax free withdrawals in retirement.
For eligible employees meeting annual employer contribution requirements, Fairview contributes a discretionary (base) amount equal to three percent of your compensation each year to the plan. The discretionary (base) contribution is made annually, after year-end, and is subject to annual eligibility requirements.
For the discretionary (base) contribution, eligible employees are at least 21 years of age and have completed one year of employment with at least 1,000 hours of service.
In addition, Fairview will match employee contributions on a per pay period basis. Eligibility is immediate. Any contribution an eligible employee makes, up to six percent, of their compensation will be matched at 50 percent. This means you could earn an additional three percent matching contribution from Fairview (for a total of up to six percent employer contribution) if you contribute six percent or more to your retirement plan.
All employee contributions are immediately 100 percent vested. Fairview employer contributions are subject to this vesting schedule.
Paid Time Off
Eligible employees authorized to work 48 or more hours per pay period earn paid time off (PTO) hours. Compared to traditional vacation and sick programs, Fairview’s PTO program provides employees more choice in when and how to use time off. PTO hours are used for both scheduled time off (planned and scheduled in advance), as well as unscheduled time off (unexpected time off, such as illness or family emergency). During Open Enrollment, you may choose to convert some of your PTO to cash to increase your take-home pay.
Professional Liability Coverage
All Fairview employees are covered by Fairview’s professional liability coverage while performing assigned duties for Fairview. The insurance is automatic and starts on the employee’s first day of employment. If an individual leaves Fairview employment, coverage remains in place for any claims that may be made after employment has been terminated for acts or omissions that occurred during the individual’s period of employment. Fairview pays the premium for this post-employment coverage.
Licenses and Fees
Fairview will pay all fees for licenses and registrations that are required in order for physicians to be licensed, gain hospital privileges or prescribe medications. Examples include hospital dues, DEA registration, and Minnesota license fees.
Health and Well-Being Resources
Fairview is committed to enhancing the health and well-being of Fairview employees and their families. You have several opportunities and resources to help you maintain and improve your personal health:
- Employee Wellness Services: Access a variety of resources for fitness, nutrition, stress management, tobacco cessation, mindfulness, discounts, and more through the employee intranet, blog community, and activities both online and onsite.
- Frequent Fitness Discount: Employees on a Fairview medical plan receive $20 off the monthly membership fee (or $40 off for employee and adult dependent) at a variety of metro-area health clubs when you visit 12 times or more per month.
- Healthy Savings: Healthy Savings provides a 25 percent discount on fresh produce at participating grocery stores and weekly discounts on other healthy foods. Learn how to qualify and enroll by visiting the well-being page on the employee intranet.
- Employee Assistance Program: Employees and family members receive up to six sessions of free, confidential short-term counseling, problem-solving, and referrals. Seek help for work or personal concerns including stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, and more.
For benefit-eligible employees, Fairview reimburses adoption expenses up to $2,000 per adoption, per household. Reimbursement is paid upon finalization of the adoption.
Continuing Medical Education
Continuing medical education is a calendar year benefit and is prorated for employees starting employment mid-year.
- You will receive an annual dollar allotment for approved expense reimbursement and may accrue paid time off (prorated for part-time employment and mid-year start).
- If you are employed half-time or less, you will receive a minimal dollar allotment, but no time off.
Through the tuition reimbursement plan, Fairview recognizes the importance of continuing education. Courses will be approved if:
- The course is taken at an accredited educational institution;
- The employee satisfactorily completes the course; and
- The degree or course enhances the employee’s current position or prepares the employee for a position that may be available at Fairview in the future.
Employees working at least 48 hours per pay period, may receive reimbursement for up to 100 percent of the cost of tuition and books, up to $3,000 annually. Employees must agree to work at Fairview for one year after completion of course work.
This is intended to provide a summary of benefits offered to Fairview employees. While Fairview believes the information included in this summary to be true, it is not intended to be all-inclusive nor is it intended to set conditions of employment. Fairview reserves the right to modify, change or reserve any part or parts of this information at any time. The language in this brochure is not intended to create, nor can it be construed to create, a contract between Fairview and its employees. The language in the insurance contracts and documents will prevail should there be a conflict of information.