Fairview Northland Medical Center MNA RNs
Fairview offers total rewards to fit your life. We know you and your family have different personal and financial health needs at different stages in life. Employees authorized 40 or more hours per pay period enjoy a wide range of both traditional benefits and leading-edge rewards. You will enroll online at the time of hire and each year during Open Enrollment. During enrollment you will make choices for medical, dental and vision insurance, health care and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, and much more.
The information below is an overview. Additional information is available through Fairview’s Employee Service Center, 612-672-5050 or toll-free 877-903-5050.
Fairview offers three medical plan options. Dependents are also eligible for coverage (proof of dependent status will be required upon enrollment of a new dependent). Coverage is effective after 30 days of employment.
Each medical plan includes an annual deductible. Once you’ve met the deductible, you will pay medical and prescription drug coinsurance until you meet the plan’s out-of-pocket maximum.
Employees have three medical plans to choose from:
- The PreferredHealth Narrow Network plan includes a $500 individual ($1,000 family) deductible.
- The PreferredHealth Narrow Network High Deductible plan includes a $1,500 individual ($3,000 family) deductible as well as a $250 contribution ($500 family) from Fairview to a health savings account (if you enroll in a health savings account).
- The Open Access High Deductible plan includes a $2,700 individual deductible ($5,400 family) and an option to contribute to a health savings account (no Fairview contribution).
The PreferredHealth Narrow Network plans limit coverage to the PreferredHealth network of providers; out-of-network coverage within these plans is provided only for limited hospital and emergency services. The Open Access plan provides a larger network and broad out-of-network coverage.
In all three medical plans, you receive the best coverage by visiting Fairview, HealthEast, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Physician Associates providers and facilities. This group is called Enhanced Value Providers. View all provider directories
Office visits, prescription drugs, and hospital services are subject to the deductible. The exception is preventive care, which is covered at 100 percent (except at out-of-network providers). Note: In the PreferredHealth Narrow Network Plan, primary care services at Enhanced Value Providers are not subject to the deductible.
Coinsurance amounts depend on the type of service (e.g., primary care, urgent care, emergency department, etc.) If you seek care from an in-network provider, you will pay either 10 or 20 percent of the cost.
Your prescription drug coinsurance depends on the type of drug and where you purchase your prescription. View coinsurance amounts
for generic, brand, and specialty drugs.
What you pay each pay period for medical insurance depends on how many people you cover and which plan you choose. View premium rates
for each plan.
For dental insurance, you choose from two different plans, both administered by Delta Dental. Dependents also are eligible. Coverage is effective on the first of the month following four months of employment. View premium rates
for Fairview’s dental plans.
Employees have the option to enroll in the vision plan administered by VSP. Dependents are also eligible. Coverage is effective after 30 days of employment. View premium rates for Fairview’s vision plan.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Employees authorized to work 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible. Basic life insurance coverage is effective after three months of employment. Your coverage amount is equal to one times your annual salary rounded up to the highest thousand. Accidental death and dismemberment insurance is the same as your basic life insurance amount. Fairview pays the full cost of coverage. Optional life insurance can be purchased for your spouse and children.
For employees authorized at least 60 hours per pay period, disability insurance provides salary continuance in the event that you become disabled and are unable to work. Coverage is effective after three months of employment.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance: This benefit is equal to 50 percent of your weekly earnings to a maximum benefit of $577 per week and begins after all sick time is used or 42 calendar days of disability, whichever occurs later.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: This benefit is equal to 60 percent of your monthly earnings to a maximum benefit of $20,000 per month. Benefit begins after 180 days of disability.
Retirement: 403(b) and 401(k) Plans
All employees are eligible upon hire to contribute to a tax-deferred 403(b) or 401(k) retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments. This includes casual-status employees who would normally not be eligible for benefits. New hires will be automatically enrolled into the tax-deferred option at a three percent contribution level on the first pay date following 30 days of employment. Employees may opt-out of this automatic enrollment or change their contribution amount by contacting Fidelity at 1-800-343-0860 or www.netbenefits.com/Fairview. Any contributions made cannot be refunded.
Effective Jan. 1, 2019, a Roth deferral option is being added to the 403(b) and 401(k) plans. The Roth option allows you to contribute after-tax dollars to your account at Fidelity and make potentially tax free withdrawals in retirement.
For eligible employees meeting annual employer contribution requirements, Fairview contributes a discretionary (base) amount equal to three percent of your compensation each year to the plan. The discretionary (base) contribution is made annually, after year-end, and is subject to annual eligibility requirements.
For the discretionary (base) contribution, eligible employees are at least 21 years of age and have completed one year of employment with at least 1,000 hours of service.
In addition, Fairview will match employee contributions on a per pay period basis. Eligibility is immediate. Any contribution an eligible employee makes, up to six percent of their compensation, will be matched at 50 percent. This means you could earn an additional three percent matching contribution from Fairview (for a total of up to six percent employer contribution) if you contribute six percent or more to your retirement plan.
All employee contributions are immediately 100 percent vested. Fairview employer contributions are subject to this vesting schedule.
Vacation time/Sick time/Holidays
Vacation time is available after completion of six months of continuous employment at or above 40 hours per pay period. You qualify for vacation and advance in your vacation schedule for each anniversary year in which you are continuously employed and work at least 40 hours per pay period. Vacation schedule is as follows:
- Two weeks paid vacation after 12 months of service
- Three weeks after 60 months
- Four weeks after 120 months
- Five weeks after 252 months
- Part-time employees receive prorated vacation benefits
Employees who have completed one or more years of service and give proper notice will receive terminal vacation pay on a prorated basis.
Fairview provides paid sick leave when you are ill and unable to work:
- Sick leave shall be available after completion of the probationary period.
- Eight hours of paid sick time are earned for each 173.3 hours worked (one full-time month).
- You may accumulate up to 720 hours of paid sick leave.
Upon completion of probationary period, full-time employees shall be eligible for the following nine holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and three personal floating holidays.
Part-time employees will only be eligible to receive three pro-rated personal holidays:
- 8-39 authorized hours: 8.0 hours per year
- 40-59 authorized hours: 16.0 hours per year
- 60-79 authorized hours: 24.0 hours per year
Full-time employees who actually work New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, or Thanksgiving Day will receive a total of one and one-half times the hourly rate of pay. Part-time employees will receive a total of two times their hourly rate of pay. Full-time employees who actually work Christmas Day will receive a total of two times the hourly rate of pay. Part-time employees will receive three times the hourly rate of pay. Twelve-hour nurses will be reimbursed for all hours worked during the designated holiday shift time.
- Shift differential: Shift differentials vary from $1.50 up to $4 per hour depending on shift schedule (rotating shifts or permanent evening or night assignments).
- Weekend premium: A nurse shall receive $1.25 per hour for each hour worked for all full shifts that start after 3 p.m. Friday and end by 7 a.m. Monday. The weekend premium will not apply to weekend hours in the operating room and post-anesthesia care units.
Professional Liability Insurance
Fairview provides all employees with professional liability insurance. The coverage is automatic and begins on the first day of employment. All employees are covered by professional liability insurance while performing assigned duties within the scope of their employment at Fairview.
Health and Well-being Resources
Fairview is committed to enhancing the health and well-being of Fairview employees and their families. You have several opportunities and resources to help you maintain and improve your personal health:
- Employee Wellness Services: Access a variety of resources for fitness, nutrition, stress management, tobacco cessation, mindfulness, discounts, and more through the employee intranet, blog community, and activities both online and onsite.
- Frequent Fitness Discount: Employees on a Fairview medical plan receive $20 off the monthly membership fee (or $40 off for employee and adult dependent) at a variety of metro area health clubs when you visit 12 times or more per month.
- Healthy Savings: Healthy Savings provides a 25 percent discount on fresh produce at participating grocery stores and weekly discounts on other healthy foods. Learn how to qualify and enroll by visiting the well-being page on the employee intranet.
- Employee Assistance Program: Employees and family members receive up to six sessions of free, confidential short-term counseling, problem-solving, and referrals. Seek help for work or personal concerns including stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, and more.
Education and Training Programs
To support the career aspirations of our employees and others, Fairview partners with numerous education institutions to provide health care education/training programs. In the past, we have sponsored the following educational programs: clinical laboratory scientist, health unit coordinator, medical laboratory technician, nursing assistant (basic and advanced courses), nursing station technician, perianesthesia (PACU) nursing, perioperative registered nurse, phlebotomy, registered nurse, surgical instrument processing technician, radiology technologist, and ultrasound technician. In some instances, Fairview pays you a wage while you complete training.
Fairview partners with numerous schools to provide job training and we offer more than 100 scholarships annually. Your dependents who are pursuing health care education also may qualify for a scholarship.
Through the tuition reimbursement plan, Fairview recognizes the importance of continuing education. After six months of employment at benefit-eligible status, benefit-eligible employees may receive reimbursement in the amount of 100 percent of tuition and books up to $3,000 annually for degrees in nursing or 75 percent of the cost of tuition and books up to $2,000 annually for non-nursing degrees. Employees must agree to work at Fairview for one year after completion of course work.
Out of the tuition reimbursement, $750 may be used for workshops, courses and other education programs. The $750 is reimbursed at 100 percent.
This is intended to provide a summary of benefits offered to Fairview employees. While Fairview believes the information included in this summary to be true, it is not intended to be all-inclusive nor is it intended to set conditions of employment. Fairview reserves the right to modify, change or reserve any part or parts of this information at any time. The language in this brochure is not intended to create, nor can it be construed to create, a contract between Fairview and its employees. The language in the insurance contracts and documents will prevail should there be a conflict of information.