SEIU Healthcare Minnesota
Fairview offers total rewards to fit your life. We know you and your family have different personal and financial health needs at different stages in life. Employees authorized 40 or more hours per pay period enjoy a wide range of both traditional benefits and leading-edge rewards. You will enroll online at the time of hire and each year during Open Enrollment. During enrollment, you will make choices for medical, dental and vision insurance, medical and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance and much more.
The information below is an overview. Additional information is available through Fairview’s Employee Service Center, 612-672-5050 or toll-free 877-903-5050.
Fairview offers three medical plan options. Dependents are also eligible for coverage (proof of dependent status will be required upon enrollment of a new dependent). Coverage is effective after 60 days of employment.
Each medical plan includes an annual deductible. Once you’ve met the deductible, you will pay medical and prescription drug coinsurance until you meet the plan’s out-of-pocket maximum.
Employees have three medical plans to choose from:
- The PreferredHealth Narrow Network plan includes a $500 individual ($1,000 family) deductible.
- The PreferredHealth Narrow Network High Deductible plan includes a $1,500 individual ($3,000 family) deductible as well as a $250 contribution ($500 family) from Fairview to a health savings account (if you enroll in a health savings account).
- The Open Access High Deductible plan includes a $2,700 individual deductible ($5,400 family) and an option to contribute to a health savings account (no Fairview contribution).
The PreferredHealth Narrow Network plans limit coverage to the PreferredHealth network of providers; out-of-network coverage within these plans is provided only for limited hospital and emergency services. The Open Access plan provides a larger network and broad out-of-network coverage.
In all three of the medical plans, you receive the best coverage by visiting Fairview, HealthEast, University of Minnesota Physicians and Fairview Physician Associates providers and facilities. This group is called Enhanced Value Providers. View all provider directories
Office visits, prescription drugs and hospital services are subject to the deductible. The exception is preventive care, which is covered at 100 percent (except at out-of-network providers). Note: In the PreferredHealth Narrow Network Plan, primary care services at Enhanced Value Providers are not subject to the deductible.
Coinsurance amounts depend on the type of service (e.g., primary care, urgent care, emergency department, etc.) If you seek care from an in-network provider, you will pay either 10 percent or 20 percent of the cost.
Your prescription drug coinsurance will depend on the type of drug and where you purchase your prescription. View coinsurance amounts for generic, brand and specialty drugs.
What you pay each pay period for medical insurance depends on how many people you cover and which plan you choose. View premium rates for each plan.
Fairview offers two dental plan options, both administered by Delta Dental. Dependents are also eligible. Coverage is effective on the first day of the month following six months of employment. View premium rates for Fairview’s dental plans.
Employees have the option to enroll in the vision plan administered by VSP. Dependents are also eligible. Coverage is effective on 31st day of employment. View premium rates for Fairview’s vision plan.
Employees authorized to work 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible. Basic life insurance coverage is effective after 60 days of employment. Your coverage is $50,000. Fairview pays the full cost of coverage. Optional life insurance can be purchased for your spouse and children. Coverage is subject to benefit reductions after age 65.
For employees authorized at least 40 hours per pay period, disability insurance provides salary continuance in the event that you become disabled and are unable to work. Coverage is effective after 60 days of employment.
Short-Term Disability Insurance: The benefit is equal to 50 percent of your authorized weekly gross compensation and begins after 19 days of disability or after all allowable sick pay is used. Maximum of 26 weeks for each period of disability.
Retirement: Pension and 403(b)/401(k) Plans
Fairview contributes 63 cents per compensated hour effective March 1, 2016, to the Twin City Hospitals Workers Pension Fund. You receive benefit and vesting credit for each year in which you work at least 1,000 hours. You become fully vested in the pension plan after five years of qualifying service.
All employees are eligible upon hire to contribute to a tax-deferred 403(b) or 401(k) retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments. This includes casual-status employees who would normally not be eligible for benefits. Employees of Behavioral Healthcare Providers may join the 401(k) plan. All other employees may participate in the 403(b) plan. To enroll or make changes to an account, visit Fidelity or call 1-800-343-0860.
Vacation time/Holidays/Sick Leave
Regularly-scheduled employees earn vacation. The vacation schedule provides:
Vacation time earned is prorated for each compensated hour worked.
- 10 days vacation from start of employment through the 4th year
- 15 days beginning with the 5th year of employment
- 20 days beginning with the 10th year of employment
- 21 days beginning with the 15th year of employment
- 22 days beginning with the 16th year of employment
- 23 days beginning with the 17th year of employment
- 24 days beginning with the 18th year of employment
- 25 days beginning with the 19th year of employment
Vacation is available after an employee has completed six months of employment.
Fairview recognizes seven holidays: New Year’s Day, Good Friday or Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Full-time employees receive the above paid holidays. Part-time, regularly-scheduled employees receive holiday pay for working on any of the recognized holidays.
Employees authorized at least 40 hours per pay period are also eligible for two floating holidays each contract year (March-February) after completing one year of employment. Employees with a minimum of ten calendar years or more of employment since their most recent hire date will receive an additional floating holiday.
For employees authorized at least 40 hours per pay period, Fairview provides paid sick leave when you are ill and unable to work. Paid sick leave is also available to care for your ill child.
- Full-time employees earn one day of paid sick time per month. (Part-time employees earn eight hours for each 173.3 hours worked.)
- You may accumulate up to 90 days of sick leave.
- You are eligible for paid sick time after you finish your probationary period.
Employees receive a shift differential of 64 cents per hour for evening shift. The shift differential is 74 cents per hour for the night shift. The shift differential shall be paid for any shift where the majority of the hours scheduled occurs after 3 p.m. (evening shift) or 11 p.m. (night shift).
Professional Liability Insurance
Fairview provides all employees with professional liability insurance. The coverage is automatic and begins on the first day of employment. All employees are covered by professional liability insurance while performing assigned duties within the scope of their employment at Fairview.
Health and Well-being Resources
Fairview is committed to enhancing the health and well-being of Fairview employees and their families. You have several opportunities and resources to help you maintain and improve your personal health:
- Employee Wellness Services: Access a variety of resources for fitness, nutrition, weight management, tobacco cessation, mindfulness and more through the employee intranet, blog community and activities both online and onsite.
- Frequent Fitness Discount: Employees on a Fairview medical plan receive $20 off the monthly membership fee (or $40 off for employee and spouse) at a variety of metro-area health clubs when you visit 12 times or more per month.
- Healthy Savings: Learn about your health risks in a 10-minute LifeScore health assessment in the Well at Work online platform to receive a Healthy Savings card. Healthy Savings provides a 25 percent discount on fresh produce at participating grocery stores and weekly discounts on other healthy foods.
- Employee Assistance Program: Employees and family members receive up to six sessions of free, confidential short-term counseling, problem-solving and referrals. Seek help for work or personal concerns including stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues and more.
To support the career aspirations of our employees and others, Fairview partners with numerous education institutions to provide health care education/training programs. In the past, we have sponsored the following educational programs: clinical laboratory scientist, health unit coordinator, medical laboratory technician, nursing assistant (basic and advanced courses), nursing station technician, perianesthesia (PACU) nursing, perioperative registered nurse, phlebotomy, registered nurse, surgical instrument processing technician, radiology technologist and ultrasound technician. In some instances, Fairview pays you a wage while you complete training.
Fairview partners with numerous schools to provide job training and we offer more than 100 scholarships annually. Your dependents who are pursuing health care education also may qualify for a scholarship.
Through the tuition reimbursement plan, Fairview recognizes the importance of continuing education. Courses are approved if:
- The course is taken at an accredited educational institution;
- The employee satisfactorily completes the course; and
- The degree or course enhances the employee’s current position or prepares the employee for a position that may be available at Fairview in the future.
After six months of employment at benefit-eligible status, benefit-eligible employees authorized at least 40 hours per pay period may receive reimbursement for up to 75 percent of the cost of tuition and books, up to $2,500 annually. Employees must agree to work at Fairview for six months after completion of course work.
This is intended to provide a summary of benefits offered to Fairview employees. While Fairview believes the information included in this summary to be true, it is not intended to be all-inclusive nor is it intended to set conditions of employment. Fairview reserves the right to modify, change or reserve any part or parts of this information at any time. The language in this brochure is not intended to create, nor can it be construed to create, a contract between Fairview and its employees. The language in the insurance contracts and documents will prevail should there be a conflict of information.