Our Fairview recruiting team scouts job candidates and sorts through stacks of resumes every day to find the top talent we need to deliver high-quality care to our patients.
Here are five tips for job seekers considering working at Fairview.
- Get to know us: Find out all the ways Fairview is driving a healthier future by following us on social media. We are an academic health system and have a close partnership with the University of Minnesota.
- Make it easy for us to know you: Spend the extra time perfecting your cover letter and resume to clearly explain to us how your unique experience relates to the role for which you’re applying. Emphasize how your past work experiences and achievements have positively impacted your customer base—clients or patients—and why you are the perfect fit for the role.
- Don’t limit yourself: 40 to 45 percent of the positions we fill are through internal transfers. Even if we don’t have your dream job available right now, consider getting plugged into our system by starting in a job that matches many of the items on your wish list. With more than 22,000 positions, you never know when the perfect opportunity will become available. Also, if you don’t have a health care background, don’t count us out—we have opportunities in IT, finance, facilities, human resources and more.
- Be curious: Be prepared to ask questions in an interview, whether we are talking over the phone or in person. Your questions help us get to know each other better. We want to answer your questions about your future team, employee benefits, Fairview culture and anything else.
- Search our openings often! Fairview hires dozens of people a week and has new positions opening daily. Even if you’re not actively looking, why not take a look? It’s the best way to see if we have that job you’ve been waiting for.
If you or someone you know is considering a new career in the health care industry, share this post with them and encourage them to consider Fairview Careers.
Do you have a question for a Fairview recruiter? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.