Fairview Home Care and Hospice is looking for volunteers who want a meaningful experience helping patients and their families. New training sessions start in the coming weeks for volunteers who want to enhance the experience of patients at the end of life.
There are many ways to volunteer, from calling patients on the phone to providing support in the last hours. Explore a list of the different ways you can volunteer. Here are a few options:
- Veteran volunteers are paired with veteran patients.
- One-day training is held June 6.
- RSVP at 612-875-5273 by June 5.
- Summer explorers
- Students with and interest in healthcare are encouraged to apply for this eight-week program, which starts June 22.
- Complete the online application form by Friday, June 5.
- Complete an interview and training by June 22.
- General hospice
- Volunteers can chose from a range of opportunities.
- The next series of trainings begin June 8.
- More information about volunteering, orientation and how to apply is available at www.fairview.org/HospiceVolunteer.
Volunteers work throughout the Twin Cities. Hospice is in particular need of volunteers in the north metro.