Like most things, the harder you work at something the better you become. The more time you spend preparing for a job interview, the better you will perform. These top interview tips cover everything you need to know to have a successful job interview.
1. Be on Time! Although this appears obvious, you’d be surprised how many candidates show up late for an interview. It is not uncommon for interviewers to terminate the interview on the spot or to politely cut it short if the interviewee is late.
Do the following:
2. Familiarize yourself with the details about the organization and position.
Make sure to research the company before the interview. You should be able to find information on the company’s website.
Do the following:
3. Bring proper materials. Be sure to provide all documentation that is requested. Put these documents in a professional folder.
Bring the following:
4. Practice verbalizing answers to possible interview questions. Practice in front of a mirror or with a friend. Never walk into an interview without first practicing your answers aloud.
5. Conduct a comprehensive review your qualifications, transferable skills, strengths, values and competencies. Be able to give examples and tell stories.
Learn more about working at Fairview Health Services and apply today: http://www.fairview.org/careers
For more than 100 years, Fairview has been meeting community needs and achieving breakthrough medical advances in care. We are committed to delivering great value for our patients—higher quality, better experience and lower cost. Fairview has six hospitals and more than 90 primary and specialty care clinics throughout the state.
In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview is an academic health system committed to nation-leading research and educating tomorrow’s physicians and health care professionals. We serve patients from across the state of Minnesota, the upper Midwest and beyond.