Rosemary is an herb with a pine-like fragrance that contains carnosic acid, which may lower the risk of stroke and Alzheimer’s disease. Rosemary is a great complement to this chicken and sweet potato recipe!
Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 lbs. chicken breast halves
1 pound sweet potatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Mix oil and seasonings in a large bowl. Add chicken and potatoes. Toss to coat
- Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Arrange chicken and potatoes in a single layer in the pan.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, turning occasionally.
Adapted from: www.food.com
Brenna Vuong is a Senior Wellness Specialist at Fairview Health Services. She believes that well-being is more than just eating broccoli, jogging a 5K or what happens in the doctor’s office.