As we age, our bodies produce less collagen and elastin which results in fine lines and wrinkles. Collagen and elastin are important proteins that work together to give skin its shape and firmness. You can minimize the effects of aging by taking care of your skin.
1. Sun protection is key to fighting off damaging UV rays. A sunscreen containing ingredients such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide help deflect the sun’s rays and are better for your skin.
2. Exfoliating treatments help to remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate your skin.
3. Antioxidants are important in protecting your skin against free radical damage. Free-radicals weaken the skin’s structural support and decrease its elasticity, resilience and suppleness.
4. Growth factors and retinols promote healing and repair and help your skin act younger. They improve skin tone and texture as well.
5. Using a moisturizer that is right for your skin type and effectively hydrates your skin.
At Fairview Clinics – Primary Care Skin in Eden Prairie, our esthetician Jeshila McGovern can help you choose treatments and skin care products that are best for you and your skin goals. Visit Fairview.org/skincare for more information.