Summer is the perfect time of year to fire up the grill and cook out with the whole family. During the summer, many people traditionally throw ground beef on the grill and cook up some hamburgers.
Instead of sticking to tradition, try this quick and healthy grilled pork chop and rhubarb sauce recipe to spice up your summer cookouts and make the whole family happy!
Pork chops with quick rhubarb sauce
Pork Chops with Quick Rhubarb Sauce
Servings: 4 (each with 1 pork chop + 1/4 cup sauce)
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper, divided
- 4 pork chops (preferably bone-in pork chops)
- 1/2 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced rhubarb, fresh or frozen (thawed and drained)
- 1 tsp. butter
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, oil and 1/4 tsp. of salt and pepper. Smear evenly over all of the pork chops.
- In a microwave-safe pie pan, combine juice, broth, honey, shallots and the remaining 1/4 tsp. of salt and pepper. Microwave, uncovered, on high until reduced by about half (6 to 9 minutes). Stir in rhubarb and microwave, stirring once, until the rhubarb is beginning to break down (3 to 6 minutes). Stir in butter.
- While preparing the sauce, oil the grill rack and grill the pork chops, turning once, until cooked through. Serve with rhubarb sauce.
Recipe adjusted from: http://www.eatingwell.com