When trying to come up with side dishes for summer meals, many people love the thought of good old fashion French fries. While tasty, fries are not a particularly healthy option for a side dish.
Instead, try this quick and easy grilled sweet potato with lime and cilantro recipe. You’ll get the same great taste of fries, but with all of the nutrients found in sweet potatoes!
Grilled sweet potatoes with lime and cilantro
Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Lime and Cilantro
Time: 10 minutes
- 3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4cup canola oil
- Ground pepper
- 1/4cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Parcook the potatoes. Place in a pot of water and boil until fork-tender; let cool. Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Mix 1 Tbsp. salt, lime zest, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on all sides and just cooked through (about 1 1/2 minutes on each side).
- Transfer to a platter and immediately season with salt mixture, then sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe adjusted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com