► 2017 100 Top Hospitals (by Truven Health Analytics): Fairview Northland Medical Center: Recognizes hospitals and leadership teams that provide the highest level of value to their communities and scores organizational performance across 11 key measures including patient care, operational efficiency and financial stability.
► 2017 Get With The Guidelines: Heart Failure Care (by American Heart Association): University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview Southdale Hospital and Fairview Ridges Hospital each received “gold” certification, while Fairview Northland Medical Center and Fairview Range Medical Center both received “silver” status. To achieve the award, a hospital must be dedicated to developing, assessing and delivering evidence-based treatments and consistent adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines for heart failure care.
► 2017 Rising Stars (by Mpls. St. Paul Magazine): 12 Fairview physicians were recognized as exceptional physicians who have been practicing medicine for 10 years or less.
► 2017 Presidents' Community Partner Award (by Minnesota Campus Compact): Martin Luther Campus - Recognizes a community-based organization that has enhanced the quality of life in the community in meaningful and measurable ways and has engaged in the development of sustained, reciprocal partnerships with the college or university.
► 2017 System for Change Award (by Practice Greenhealth): Fairview Health Services - Recognizes health systems that are working cohesively to set system-wide sustainability goals, track data and share successes in environmental performance.
► 2017 Partner for Change Award (by Practice Greenhealth): Fairview Ridges Hospital, Fairview Southdale Hospital, and University of Minnesota Medical Center East and West Banks - Recognizes superior performance in environmental sustainability at the hospital level.
► 2017 Outstanding Patient Experience Award (by Healthgrades): Fairview Ridges Hospital, Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital, and HealthEast’s Woodwinds Health Campus. Recognizes delivering a positive experience for patients during their hospital stay.
► 2017 Governor's Safety Award (by Minnesota Safety Council): Fairview Range Medical Center - Recognizes superior performance in workplace safety and health. Applicants for the Governor’s Safety Award are judged on several years of injury data as it compares with their industry’s national statistics and on their progress in implementing a comprehensive safety program.
► 110 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) to Know: Fairview Health Services was named to the 2017 edition of Becker's Hospital Review’s 110 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) to Know for the sixth year in a row.
► 2017 Minnesota Bridges to Excellence Awards (Minnesota Health Action Group): 33 Fairview and University of Minnesota Health clinics - Awarded for delivering high-quality clinical care.
►America’s Best Employers (by Forbes): Out of more than 500 employers on the list, Fairview came in at No. 60. No other Twin Cities health care system was ranked higher.
►Best Regional Hospitals List (by U.S. News & World Report)
► 100 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) to Know
- Fairview Southdale Hospital was named to the Best Regional Hospitals list by U.S. News & World Report, placing No. 4 in the Minneapolis metro area and No. 6 in Minnesota. In addition, Southdale Hospital was also given a high performing rating for its work in six categories of common medical procedures and conditions (abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, chronic obtrusive pulmonary disease, colon cancer surgery, heart failure, hip replacement, knee replacement). Fairview Ridges Hospital was given a high performing rating for its work in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart failure and hip replacement.
►100 Influential Minnesota Health Care Leaders
- Fairview Health Services was named to the 2016 edition of Becker's Hospital Review’s 100 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) to Know for the fifth year in a row.
►2016 100 Top Hospitals (by Truven Health Analytics)
- Patrick Herson, MD, president of Fairview Medical Group, was recognized for helping to make Minnesota's health care system a global model of excellence.
►Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Fairview Northland Medical Center: Recognizes hospitals and leadership teams that provide the highest level of value to their communities and scores organizational performance across 11 key measures including patient care, operational efficiency and financial stability.
►Global Healthcare Exchange Best 50 Supply Chains in North America: For our work in improving operational performance and driving down costs through supply chain automation in 2015
- Fairview Lakes Medical Center: Recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota as a healthcare facility shown to deliver improved patient safety and better health outcomes
►Innovation in Health Care Award by HealthPartners: For Fairview Pharmacy's Medication Therapy Management team's innovative care delivery model.
►System for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth: For our success in environmental sustainability efforts.
►Stand Up for Patient Safety Management Award: For creating and implementing a successful patient safety initiative that improved the management of biological specimens across our hospitals
►2016 Minnesota Bridges to Excellence awards from the Minnesota Health Action Group: 19 Fairview clinics were honored for delivering high-quality outcomes for patients with diabetes, vascular disease and/or depression.
►2016 Women's Choice Awards For Excellence in Care and Experience:
►2016 Press Ganey National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators Award: For Outstanding Nursing Quality at Fairview Northland Medical Center
- Fairview Southdale Hospital: Bariatric surgery, obstetrics, heart care, stroke care, orthopedics and patient safety
- University of Minnesota Medical Center: Bariatric surgery, obstetrics, stroke care and breast care
- Fairview Northland Medical Center: Obstetric
►2016 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award: For exceptional patient experience results in the Fairview Northland Medical Center Emergency Department
► The Joint Commission recognized Fairview Northland Hospital as a Top Performers on Key Quality Measures® based on performance data for 2014.
► Minnesota Hospital Association statewide awards:
► AchieveMpls Program Ally: For being an active program partner since 2008, providing student internships and hands-on work experience to students in Minneapolis Public Schools.
- Patient Safety Improvement (Large Hospital Category): University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital
- Health Care Workforce Champion (Large Hospital Category): Fairview Health Services
- Health Care Workforce Champion (Individual Category): Laura Beeth, system director of talent acquisition
► Practice Greenhealth Awards: Fairview received the System for Change award for sustainability efforts; University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Southdale and Fairview Ridges hospitals each received Partner for Change awards.
► Hennepin County Wellness by Design (Gold level+Green): For successful workplace wellness initiatives.
► CEO Roundtable on Cancer, Gold Standard: For providing a framework for employers to have a healthier workplace by focusing on cancer risk reduction, early detection and access to clinical trials and high-quality care.
► American Heart Association, Fit-Friendly Workplace: For providing programs that encourage physical fitness, nutrition and a healthy culture.
► HealthPartners Partners In Excellence Silver awards. Fairview Medical Group was recognized in the following Primary Care categories:
►2015 Press Ganey Success Story Award: For exceptional patient experience results in the Fairview Southdale Hospital Emergency Department
- Attributed Total Cost of Care
- MNCM Optimal Diabetes Care
- MNCM Optimal Vascular Care
- Pediatric Preventive Services.
- Fairview Pharmacy was recognized in the following Pharmacy Patient Experience categories:
- Medical Counseling, Pharmacy
- Medication Reminder Support, Pharmacy.
- Fairview – Paul Larson Clinic was recognized in the following OB/Gyn Patient Experience category:
- Understanding Your Condition, Specialty