A safe and caring environment begins with knowledge
Fairview's Mandatory Annual Education presents fundamental and important information that helps all of us create a safe and caring environment. Mandatory Annual Education is for all Fairview employees, students, agency staff, contractors and licensed independent practitioners, including physicians.
These lessons contain information about the requirements our accrediting agencies identify as needing to be reviewed annually. We review this information not merely as a requirement, but as a basis for creating a culture of patient and employee safety by incorporating the information and skills consistently into daily practice.
Completing your Mandatory Annual Education
Students and Contracted staff must complete all five modules:
- Lesson 1 - Mission, Policies, Diversity/Inclusion, Workplace Violence, Bill of Rights
- Lesson 2 - Communication, Language Services, Honoring Choices, Abuse
- Lesson 3 - Stroke, Infection Prevention, Practitioner Impairment, Controlled Substances
- Lesson 4 - OSHA, ERTK, Hazard Communication, Emergency Codes, Safety, Event Reporting
- Violence Prevention in the Workplace module
- HIPAA module, required prior to clinical rotations, internships, etc.
- Review the slides carefully. You may move forward or backward at any time using the arrows on the toolbar at the bottom of each lesson.
- You must review all lessons to finish the Mandatory Annual Education program. (Please allow approximately 2 hours total to complete all lessons.)
- Complete and submit the appropriate documentation form below.
Documenting your Mandatory Annual Education completion
Submit documentation of your Mandatory Annual Education completion prior to working at a Fairview facility following the instructions provided in the documentation form.