We’re overwhelmed by offers of support from our community as our doctors, nurses, and clinical teams work around the clock caring for patients affected by COVID-19. Thank you for your generosity. Here’s information on how you can help. For questions, contact us at System-COVID19-Donations@fairview.org.
M Health Fairview is accepting donations at these drive-up sites. The sites were chosen based on geographic location and efficiency. Our staff and volunteers will ensure that supplies go to the locations in our health system where they're needed most. More donation sites may be added in the future.
- M Health Fairview Lakes Hospital main entrance: 5200 Fairview Blvd, Wyoming. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
- M Health Fairview Midway office main entrance: 1700 University Ave. W., St. Paul. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- M Health Fairview Ridges Hospital: 201 Nicollet Blvd., Burnsville. Daily, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital: 6401 France Ave. S., Edina. Skyway lobby (door #2). Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- M Health Fairview St. John's Hospital: 1575 Beam Ave., Maplewood. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- M Health Fairview St. Joseph's Hospital: 69 W Exchange St., St. Paul. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m
- M Health Fairview Northland Hospital main entrance: 911 Northland Drive, Princeton. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Woodwinds Health Campus main entrance vestibule: 1925 Woodwinds Drive, Woodbury. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
How to deliver your donations
: Under 30 pounds, accepted at all sites
1. All items should be placed in a box labeled “Donation” and put in your trunk or non-passenger storage area of your vehicle.
2. Drive up to any of our delivery sites. Remain in your vehicle. A staff member will come to you to retrieve the box.
3. The staff member will ask you for the following information:
: 30 pounds or more, Midway site only
Supplies that can be donated to M Health Fairview
We will accept the following new and unused items. Expired items will be accepted if unopened and unused:
- Latex-free gloves
- Disposable gowns
- Surgical and clinical masks (For homemade masks, see criteria below.)
- N95 respirator masks
- Face shields
- Hair covers
- Ear savers (3D printing directions here.)
- Powered air-purifying respirators
- Thermometers (tympanic preferred, oral cap covers, infrared)
- Oxivir (disinfectant)
- Cleaning wipes with bleach (i.e. Clorox)
- Hand sanitizer swabs (Dacron, Rayon, Nylon)
- Viral culture media
- iPads to help our patients safely connect with their providers and family (See details here.)
Items that should be donated to community partners instead
See our local charity partners.
- Nonperishable food
- Any item not listed above
We are accepting homemade masks
M Health Fairview will graciously accept homemade masks that meet specific criteria. We expect to use as many as 5,000 homemade masks a day at our clinics for patients who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Your generosity and time can help save lives. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
Get the instructions and view an instructional video.
Other ways you can help
Donate blood: The American Red Cross faces a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during the COVID-19 outbreak. Donating blood is safe. Do not hesitate to give or receive blood, especially during this time of high need. Find an American Red Cross donation center near you.
Donate money: Your financial donation of any amount is appreciated. Make an online donation to the University of Minnesota Foundation’s COVID-19’s relief efforts here.
Donate food: Yes, M Health Fairview is accepting food deliveries from approved vendors. For the safety of our staff and patients, please complete this food donations intake form and our donations team will reach out to coordinate a time and date for delivery. Email us at System-COVID19-Donations@fairview.org with any questions.
Your life-saving donations will go far and wide as we care for patients affected by COVID-19 across Minnesota. Please accept our sincere thanks. We’re all in this together.
Recognizing our extraordinary donors and community partners
The generosity of our community stands out in times like these. We would like to recognize the following individuals, organizations, and businesses.
- Association of Minnesota Chinese Physicians
- Be The Match
- Boston Scientific
- Concordia University Science Department
- Edina Chinese Association
- Gardner Builders
- Northwestern Mutual
- Logan Loves
- Love Your Melon
- Macalester University Chemistry Department
- Row The Boat Fleck Family Fund
- TB1 Fund
- The Thielen Foundation
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
- University of Minnesota
- Wilson Tool International