Fairview System Credentialing Office
Special Update: The Fairview System Credentialing Office (FSCO) has implemented electronic processes for completing credentialing and privilege requests. Practitioners are notified of their reappointments via the email address on file with the FSCO, and no longer receive a paper packet in the mail. Please be sure to keep your email address up to date with the FSCO, and be sure to monitor your email for important credentialing information. Contact the FSCO at 612-672-7700 or email if you have any questions or would like to change your email address on file.
We look forward to improved efficiencies and streamlined processes to better serve you.
The Fairview System Credentialing Office is a Central Verification Office (CVO) that provides a wide range of services to its contracted entities
Benefits of a CVO:
- Simplify the credentialing process — health care practitioners submit only one credentialing application and privilege form when applying to one or multiple Fairview contracted entities at initial appointment or reappointment.
- Eliminate duplication of credentialing application and verification processes previously performed by each individual contracted entity.
- Standardize the credentialing process and privilege forms throughout the Fairview System.
- Efficiently store and manage practitioner credentialing information for all contracted entities in one centralized department and database.
- Behavioral Healthcare Providers (BHP)
- Crosstown Surgery Center (Edina, MN)
- Fairview Lakes Medical Center (Wyoming, MN)
- Fairview Ambulatory Clinics
- Fairview Maple Grove Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Fairview Northland Medical Center (Princeton, MN)
- Fairview Physician Associates (FPA)
- Fairview Ridges Hospital (Burnsville, MN)
- Fairview Southdale Hospital (Edina, MN)
- Ridges Surgery Center (Burnsville, MN)
- University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN.) - including Fairview Maple Grove Medical Center
- University of Minnesota Medical Center - Specialty Clinics* (Minneapolis, MN)
*Staffed by University of Minnesota Physicians
Scope of Services:
- Collect and process applications for initial appointment, reappointment and additional privileges for all credentialed practitioners
- Obtain primary source verification (verifying all elements of application directly with source such as medical school, residency program, previous hospitals, licensing board and any other required source)
- Identify and investigate red flags found during credentialing process
- Process privilege forms and obtain required documentation
- Maintain credentialing database
- Maintain system-wide privilege forms
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and verification of license, malpractice insurance, DEA certificate and board certification for all applicable practitioners
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of sanctions or disciplinary actions such as licensure or Medicare/Medicaid sanctions
- Maintain active and archived credentials files
- Complete verification of Fairview membership and privileges for other organizations
- Perform delegated credentialing for health plans
- Assist in preparation and participate in credentialing portion of accreditation and regulatory surveys at contracted entities