Welcome to the Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) Program
Welcome to the exciting and challenging world of the clinical laboratory. Through the Fairview Health Services MLS program website, we hope to:
- Introduce you to the scope of practice of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Help you decide if this would be a wise career choice
- Encourage you to select the MLS program at Fairview Health Services
The MLS program at Fairview will provide you with the competencies required for entrance and advancement in the profession. The various facilities at Fairview will provide you with experiences that will prepare you to work in any clinical setting.
The excellent facility in the program will augment your learning. The courses are taught by certified clinical laboratory scientists, thus ensuring relevancy of the material presented. Small class size allows the necessary one-on-one attention required in the learning process.
The Medical Laboratory Science program, in keeping with the mission of Fairview Health Services, strives to instill in its students a commitment to improve the health of the communities served. In addition, the program promotes the need for all students to make a commitment to lifelong learning and to follow Fairview's values of dignity, integrity, service and compassion.
1. Provide students with the opportunities, via a visionary accredited program, to develop the competencies required to practice in the Medical Laboratory Science Profession as certified laboratory professionals.
2. Continually seek new knowledge as it relates to improving methods of diagnosing disease conditions, by monitoring therapy, diagnosing disease states and assessing wellness in a cost-effective manner.
3. Serve the community by providing education in the uses of laboratory services as well as the appropriate use of these services.
4. Promote dignity, integrity, service and compassion by:
- valuing each person's uniqueness and work to ensure their right to privacy
- communicating openly and honestly and behaving ethically
- incorporating teamwork, cooperation and partnership to improve service and skills through learning and innovation
- creating a caring environment conducive to healing, growth and well-being for all
Please contact us at: