HIV & AIDS Pharmacy Services
Helping patients achieve positive health outcomes
Fairview's HIV/AIDS pharmacists are specially trained to help you get the best results from your medications.
We can review the medications you are taking, talk with you about how your medications are working, answer any questions you may have and adjust your therapy as needed. We can do this privately over the phone or in person at one of our pharmacies.
Our pharmacies are fully stocked to make sure you can always get the medications you need. You may pick them up yourself or we can mail them to your home.
Our HIV/AIDS pharmacists will:
- Talk with you about your medications and answer any questions you may have.
- Spend time with you one-on-one to better understand your needs.
- Make sure you always have a private, quiet space to meet, free from interruption.
- Work closely with other health care providers to help you manage your medications.
- Help you find support services, social services and interpreters, as needed and available.
To make sure you get the best service possible, we will:
- Call you the week after you begin a new medication to discuss any side effects or problems you may be having.
- Call you at least once a month to remind you to refill your medication before it runs out. Each time we call, we will answer any questions you may have.
- Color-code children's medication bottles and syringes to make it easier for you to give the right medication to your child. We can provide a color-coded chart as well.
Our HIV/AIDS pharmacies accept all major insurance. We can also help you fill out your insurance paperwork and submit it to your insurance company.
Fairview University HIV/AIDS Pharmacy
This is where we developed our protocols and best practices. The Fairview HIV/AIDS Pharmacy works closely with University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview’s Delaware Street Clinic.