Fairview hospitals and clinics provide a comprehensive approach to weight loss management, customized to fit your needs. Led by internal medicine doctors who specialize in weight loss and nutrition, we help patients achieve long-term weight loss using a non-surgical approach. We create a personal diet and exercise plan that will help you reach your weight loss goals.
The medical weight management program at University of Minnesota Medical Center is ideal for people ages 18 and older with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more and who weigh less than 500 pounds. It is designed for those who need assistance losing weight and maintaining weight loss.
- have multiple obesity-related medical problems or a medical need to lose weight
- have attempted multiple other weight loss programs with limited success
- could benefit from significant weight loss
- are willing to commit to the multiple appointments needed
- need additional assistance getting started with an exercise program
- need medical monitoring during weight loss due to medical issues
Clinics for children
The Pediatric Weight Management Clinics at University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis helps your children achieve a healthier lifestyle by working with them to address the medical, nutritional and emotional issues related to weight. Many of the health problems that affect adults begin in childhood and while these conditions often run in families, they are strongly influenced by a child’s pattern of activity and nutrition.