Roxana Merz, MD
Bariatrics and Internal Medicine
Fairview Southdale's medical weight management program provides a unique, comprehensive approach to weight loss. Led by a board-certified internal medicine physician with expertise helping patients achieve long term weight loss, this unique program builds upon known weight management building blocks. Along with diet and exercise, the program provides oversight by a doctor and individualized consultation with a multidisciplinary team to help patients meet their weight loss goals.
Our medical weight management program is ideal for people ages 18 and older with a BMI of 30 or more and who weigh less than 500 pounds. It is designed for those who need assistance losing weight and maintaining weight loss.
The program is ideal for people who:
- Have multiple obesity-related medical problems or a medical need to lose weight
- Have attempted multiple other weight loss programs with limited success
- Could benefit from significant weight loss
- Are willing to commit to the multiple appointments needed
- Need additional assistance getting started with an exercise program
- Need medical monitoring during weight loss due to medical issues