We offer advanced training in nutrition and its impact on health. At Fairview, you can meet with a registered dietician to learn behavioral and lifestyle strategies that help you attain your weight loss or weight management goals. We have experts who create nutritional plans that take into consideration dietary needs such as low fat/low cholesterol, high fiber, low sodium and diabetes. We also teach you how to read food labels and how to make good decisions about eating out. Ask your primary care doctor for a referral to meet with a dietitian to address your health goals and needs.
CAN DO® Health Coaching
CAN DO six-month health coaching is different. Offered by Fairview Physician Associates, CAN DO health coaches take a personalized, holistic approach, We support you to:
- Be more aware of when your thinking is and isn’t serving you, so you can make better choices.
- Understand how the foods you eat can affect you.
- Become more resilient and thrive in the face of uncertainty.
- Practice more self-compassion
- Enjoy new ways to move your body for increased energy
- Quit tobacco for good.
CAN DO Health Coaching includes:
- 6 months of highly personalized coaching services supporting you in all areas of wellbeing
- 3 in-person sessions with your coach
- Coaching sessions every 2 weeks by phone
Learn more. Sign up for a free information session or webinar. Call 952-914-1800 or visit CAN-DO-Health.org.
Create Your Weight: Adult Weight Management Program
This 11-week course at University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, addresses nutrition, physical activity and behavior modification in weight loss or management. Unlike most weight loss and management programs, Create Your Weight provides participants with the knowledge and tools they need to successfully meet goals by simply making better choices. Registered dietitians developed and lead the course. Learn more.
Learn more about the clinical trial opportunities available through the Weight Loss Clinic at University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview.