We know the media constantly bombards you with information about your health. Registered dietitians (RDs) separate facts from fads, and give you the tools and knowledge you need to lose weight, eat healthy and reduce your risk of disease.
What can a registered dietitian do for you?
Our RDs will develop a personalized nutrition plan that works with your lifestyle. RDs help you make positive lifestyle choices using scientifically proven methods and information. RDs can teach you:
- To make healthy decisions about what foods you eat
- To understand food claims and labels
- Eating techniques that increase your total wellness and fight disease
- Choices that allow you to enjoy a better quality of life
- Meal planning and lifestyle techniques to help you improve your health or control an existing medical condition
- How to save money by reducing your health care costs
Whether you have a specific objective—such as losing weight or reducing high blood pressure—or are looking for overall ways to stay fit and healthy, an RD can provide you with timely, accurate and reliable information.
What to expect at your visit
At your private consultation, the RD will:
- Complete a nutrition assessment
- Develop a personalized nutrition plan to accomplish your medical and/or weight loss goals
Our RDs are experts in:
- Cardiovascular disease – Hypertension, dyslipidemia, heart failure
- Diabetes – Type I and type 2, pre-diabetes, gestational and hypoglycemia
- Food allergies and intolerances – Lactose and gluten intolerances
- Gastrointestinal disorders – Crohn’s disease, diverticulosis, irritable bowel syndrome, gastroparesis
- Kidney disease
- Weight management – Gaining, maintaining or losing weight
- Sports nutrition
- Cancer nutrition – Before, during and after treatment; cancer prevention
- Childhood nutrition
Make an appointment now!
Call 651-982-7406. For more information or to talk with an RD, call 651-982-7402 or 651-982-7731. Appointments are available at Fairview Lakes Medical Center and other local Fairview Clinics.
Why trust an registered dietitian?
Fairview RDs have been through extensive education, training and credentialing to provide you with the expertise you need.
Many insurance plans will cover nutrition counseling if ordered by a physician. However, please call your insurance carrier to ensure coverage and to receive prior authorization if necessary.