Experiencing signs of a stroke? Call 9-1-1 immediately.
Our care and expertise includes:
- 24/7 immediate care coordination before the patient arrives in the Emergency Room
- Diagnosis and treatment of all kinds of strokes, including: acute strokes, brain hemorrhages, brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, and transient ischemic attack
- Stroke prevention education
- Rehabilitation and follow-up care
- Neurocritical care (care that deals with neurosurgical and neurological medical problems in critically ill patients)
- The latest in imaging for rapid and accurate diagnosis
Time is critical to the outcome of the stroke so it’s important to know a stroke is happening. To recognize signs of a stroke, use this four-step approach with the easy-to-remember name: F.A.S.T.
Arm – Hold up both arms. Does one arm drift down?
Speech – Try repeating a simple phrase. Unable to or slurred?
Time – Call 9-1-1 if having even one of these signs of stroke. Time is critical.
If you act F.A.S.T., it can make a big difference.
Fairview's stroke care team uses the most current technologies to treat stroke symptoms such as:
- Sudden one-sided weakness, numbness or paralysis
- Blurred or decreased vision in one or both eyes
- Difficulty speaking or understanding others
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Severe or unexplained headache
Care Team Headline
Locations by city:
|Fairview Ridges Hospital|
201 E. Nicollet Blvd.
Burnsville, MN 55337
|Fairview Southdale Hospital|
6401 France Ave. S.
Edina, MN 55435
|Neurology Clinic at the Clinics and Surgery Center|
909 Fulton St. SE, Floor 3
Minneapolis, MN 55455
|Fairview Northland Medical Center|
911 Northland Dr
Princeton, MN 55371
|Fairview Lakes Medical Center|
5200 Fairview Blvd
Wyoming, MN 55092