Living well with heart disease
If you are recovering from a heart attack, valve or bypass surgery, stent implant or other heart problem, our expert cardiac rehabilitation can help you. Cardiac rehabilitation prepares you physically, mentally and emotionally for your return to work and normal life.
- Increase your chances of surviving a heart attack or other heart problem
- Increase your ability to be active and exercise
- Help you return to work sooner
- Help you get back to a normal lifestyle
- Improve overall health and well-being
You may benefit if you are recovering from:
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Aneurysm repair
- Coronary bypass
- Heart and heart/lung transplant
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- Heart surgery
- Valve surgery/repair
We offer three phases of cardiac rehabilitation. As your heart improves and gets stronger, you can expect to move to the next phase.
Phase one–In the hospital
Cardiac rehabilitation begins in the hospital after a heart attack, heart surgery or other heart problem. We help you begin light activity to get you stronger. You’ll learn more about your condition and risk factors. We help you become more aware of your body’s response to exercise and help you to return home safely. When you leave the hospital, you may be referred to outpatient rehab to continue your recovery.
Phase two – Outpatient therapy
Outpatient care starts as soon as you leave the hospital. Together, we:
- improve your cardiovascular fitness and endurance, muscle strength and flexibility
- develop healthy lifestyle habits, including exercise, nutrition and stress management
- modify behaviors that put you at increased risk for further heart problems
- provide support as you return to activities of daily living and work
Phase three – Wellness and Exercise for Life (WEL)
Want to learn more?
A physician referral is required for cardiac rehabilitation. Cardiac rehabilitation services are offered at all Fairview hospitals and some clinics. For more information, contact the location that is nearest you.
Locations by city:
|Fairview Rehabilitation Services - Ridges Hospital|
14101 Fairview Drive
Burnsville, MN 55337
|Outpatient Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation|
6363 France Ave S, Suite 100
Edina, MN 55435
|Rehabilitation Services - West Building|
West Building 2312 S. Sixth St., Room F-119
Minneapolis, MN 55454
|Rehabilitation Services at Fairview Northland Medical Center|
911 Northland Blvd.
Princeton, MN 55371
First appointment 612-273-6228 Rehab clinic 763-389-6420
|Fairview Rehabilitation Services - Lakes Medical Center|
5200 Fairview Blvd
Wyoming, MN 55092