Premature birth, medical conditions, illness, injury or surgery can delay or interrupt your child’s normal growth and development. We work with children who have trouble meeting developmental markers or participating in common activities. Infants, children and teens have unique rehabilitation needs. Our therapists are trained to evaluate and care for children of all ages and at all stages of development. We use the most up-to-date tests and measures to help your child develop, improve or regain skills.
Fairview Pediatric Rehabilitation
760 W. 4th St.
Rush City, MN 55069
- Balance and Dizziness/Vestibular Therapy
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Concussion Follow up
- Feeding and Swallowing Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Premature Birth/NICU Follow up
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Wellness and Exercise for Life (WEL) program
- Weight Management
Conditions We Treat
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Balance and Dizziness/Vestibular
- Cancer Related Complications
- Cardiac Complications
- Childhood Obesity
- Developmental Delays
- Down Syndrome
- Ear, Nose that Throat Conditions
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Genetic Conditions
- Hearing Loss / Cochlear Implants
- Juvenile Rheumatology Disorders
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurologic Disorders / Neuromuscular Conditions
- Premature Birth Complications
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Transplant Complications
Specialized care for your child
We will work with you to create a plan specific to your child's needs, set goals to measure success and work with your child's health care providers and community services, including social services, home care, school systems and other resources to provide the best rehabilitation for your child.
Family Involvement is the Key
We encourage your family to be an active part of the rehabilitation team. You provide valuable information about your child's needs, skills and home, school and community environments. We will teach you how to continue treatment at home , at school and in the community.
We have a dedicated, enthusiastic team that is committed to helping your child succeed to the best of his or her ability. Our audiologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech and language pathologists are experts in pediatric rehabilitation. Many have advanced training and certifications. Their commitment to learning the latest techniques and procedures shows their commitment to helping children.
If your child needs specialty care, we have extensive experience treating children with complex medical conditions. We will work with the University of Minnesota Physician's pediatric specialists to design a plan for your child's condition that can be performed at our location.
Our occupational therapists evaluate and treat coordination, fine motor, sensory processing, vision/perception, cognition, self-help, self-feeding and school readiness problems.
They work with children to:
- Build upper body strength and improve range-of-motion
- Manage daily life (eating, grooming, dressing, handwriting, reaching, grasping, etc.)
- Play, school and work activities
- Develop skills to become more independent and safely meet goals
- Interact socially and cope with the sensory stimulation within environments
Our physical therapists evaluate and help improve mobility and motor skills. Treatment is focused on motor development, posture, strength, range-of-motion, balance and coordination including how to:
- Roll, crawl, sit or walk
- Increase strength, balance, coordination and mobility
- Increase muscle development
- Select or modify seating systems, wheelchairs, walkers and car seats and provide training
Our speech and language pathologists evaluate and treat speech articulation, cleft lip and palate, stuttering, voice language and cognitive development, feeding and swallowing difficulties and oral sensitivity or defensiveness. Aural rehabilitation specialists help children with hearing loss to listen and understand spoken language. They can:
- Help children better communicate wants and needs
- Improve feeding and swallowing issues
- Recommend alternative communication devices
Meet our Care Team