Does your child need surgery for a common problem such as tonsil removal, ear tube placement or appendix removal? Fairview has seven hospitals in the metro area, so it’s convenient to find a location near you. Many of our sites offer special programs and tours for children and their families prior to surgery to help kids feel more comfortable and put parents at ease.
University of Minnesota Children's Hospital
Fairview pediatricians work regularly with the specialized staff at University of Minnesota Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. The hospital has experts in more than 40 specialty areas including general surgery, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, The Heart Center, oncology and blood and marrow transplantation, and organ transplantation.
Benefits of bringing your child to University of Minnesota Children's Hospital:
- All patient rooms are private and 65 percent bigger than the industry average.
- Our pediatric surgeons are nationally recognized as pioneers in minimally invasive surgery, which often results in less pain, faster recovery and fewer complications.
- Staff works together to respectfully address the physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of pediatric patients – and their families.
- Minnesota’s only children's behavioral inpatient unit and programming exclusively devoted to children ages 12 and younger.
- The kidney transplant program is one of the three largest in the world, specializing in treating infants and small children.