Children’s Services at Fairview Ridges Hospital is a child-focused collection of health care services you can count on when you bring your child for care. We are the only pediatric emergency service south of the Minnesota River serving residents of the south metro area.
- Our emergency room physicians and nurses have received additional training in pediatric emergency medicine.
- We specialize in treating children who have such things as high fever, vomiting, asthma, concussions or need general and orthopedic surgery.
- The role of our Child-Family Life specialist is to minimize the anxiety or fear your child might feel receiving services at the hospital. The specialist works with the family to understand each child’s unique needs, including children with autism and other medical conditions.
- Our Children’s Pre-Surgery Program is a tour provided to families of children who are scheduled for surgery at Fairview Ridges Hospital to help allay young fears.
If your child requires highly advanced treatment, such as a transplant, such procedures are done at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital.
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Ear infections
- Nausea, vomiting and stomach problems
- Bacterial and viral illnesses
- Sports injuries
- Allergies and asthma
- Insect bites
- Broken bones and orthopedic conditions
- Bladder and urinary-tract infections (UTIs)
Range of services we offer:
- Routine care for children and teens
- Flu shots
- Back-to-school physicals
- Well-child visits
- Developmental assessments
- Sports physicals
- Pediatric internal medicine
- Newborn care
- Health, weight and vision screenings
- Chronic disease management (for diabetes, hypertension/high blood pressure and other diseases)
- Lactation (breastfeeding) services
- In-office procedures
Child Family Life Services
Child-Family Life Services at Fairview Ridges Hospital provides various services to patients and their families in effort to make their hospital experience less stressful. Our Child-Family Life specialists help children cope with hospitalization and painful medical procedures. Through therapeutic play and child-appropriate hospital tours, we help children and families cope with fears or concerns about hospitalization. If a child is hospitalized, we offer activities that reduce stress, increase socialization and promote growth and development.
Child-Family Life Services
Fairview Ridges Hospital
201 E. Nicollet Blvd.
Burnsville, MN 55337
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org