Whether you are recovering from an illness, managing a chronic disease or simply interested in improving your diet, Medical Nutrition Therapy can help. We work with you to develop a balanced eating pattern to fit your lifestyle and health needs.
- Digestive problems
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Food allergies
- Kidney problems
- Eating disorders
We also provide guidance to those who have special dietary needs such as vegetarians, pregnant moms and athletes.
The first step in the program is to meet with a registered dietician who will develop an individualized nutrition plan to address your health needs and goals. You'll also:
- Review heart-healthy nutrition guidelines to reduce high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Learn about food and drug interactions, how to read food labels and physical activity
- Discuss coping strategies and skills to work towards your goals
- Discuss how to expand food choices, increase flexibility with meal planning, modify recipes and make healthier choices when eating away from home
- Learn how to manage blood sugar levels and create a meal plan for those with diabetes
Insurance and referrals
Many insurance plans cover the cost of nutrition counseling if ordered by a doctor. Please call your insurance carrier to verify coverage, then ask your provider for a referral to a dietician. The nutrition department will call you to schedule an appointment.
Appointments and information
For more information or to talk to a dietician directly, call 651-982-7402.
Locations by city: