Expert Kidney Care
Are you living with kidney disease?
If you were born with a kidney problem or developed a kidney problem as a result of accident, illness or disease later in life, our kidney specialists—known as nephrologists—are ready to help you cope with your disease. And they’ll work together with you to prevent further damage.
What sets our physicians apart?
Our physicians provide expert care – including kidney transplants – for people with kidney diseases and the medical issues created by these diseases. As members of the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, our physicians are also researchers who continue to discover better ways to help people with kidney disease. Access to clinical trials of the newest treatments is an important aspect of care at University of Minnesota Physicians.
Conditions we treat
- Acute kidney disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Renal disease
- Progressive kidney failure
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Genetic kidney disease
- Electrolite abnormalities
- Medical consultation and referral
- Care for patients receiving dialysis
- Care for kidney transplant patients
We partner with University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, to offer you leading-edge care, including dialysis and kidney transplantation. The hospital offers one of the oldest and largest kidney transplant programs in the world with more than 7,000 kidney transplants to its credit. If your child needs a kidney transplant, we partner with surgeons at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital. They have performed more pediatric kidney transplants—with greater success—than any other program in the world.
Make an appointment
To see an expert in nephrology at Fairview Maple Grove Medical Center, call 763-898-1000.
Related Health Articles
- High Blood Pressure and Kidney Disease
- Renal Angiography
- Coping with Kidney Failure
- Kidney Disease: Taking Iron for Anemia
- Kidney Disease: Getting the Right Amount of Protein
- Kidney Disease: Balancing Calcium and Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease: Choosing the Right Protein for Your Body
- Treatment Options for Kidney Failure