National capabilities; hometown touch
While all diagnostic laboratories are licensed and accredited, they are not all created equal. Fairview Diagnostic Laboratories are small enough to accommodate your special requests, yet large enough to offer cost competitive pricing, faster turnaround time on results and local customer service.
Find a Laboratory Test
If you are interested in learning more about what Fairview Diagnostic Laboratories can do for your organization, call and speak to one of our Sales & Marketing Specialists at 612-273-7838.
Fairview Diagnostic Laboratories differs from other laboratory services available to you.
- Pediatric sample handling capabilities based on micro-sampling techniques.
- Web access to our reference guide with search capabilities and a cross-reference index, including minimal sample collection volumes.
- Six laboratory sites throughout Minnesota, conveniently located to save time and money, improve turn-around time, and minimize risk to specimen integrity.
- Extensive courier services to meet your needs.
- Web-based connectivity allowing online order entry, results retrieval, interface to your EHR and practice management system, as well as graphing and trending of patient results.
- Technical consultation and interpretive available
Fairview Diagnostic Laboratories can interface from the physician office's electronic health record (EHR) to Fairview's laboratory computer system. Orders and results interfaces will extract laboratory orders from and deliver the patient's laboratory results directly into the customer's EHR. We also offer a browser-based portal software application, with connectivity via the web for an efficient laboratory ordering, tracking and reporting system.
Take advantage of our partnerships
Our partnership with University of Minnesota Physicians and the Academic Health Center of the University of Minnesota keeps us on the cutting edge of laboratory technology, giving you access to industry-leading laboratory services. In partnership with you, we provide a full range of testing services, from acute care support to unique reference diagnostic testing and support services. Our pathologists and clinical laboratory scientists are available if you would like consultative and interpretive assistance.
General Laboratory Services
- Blood bank
- Therapeutic drug analysis
- Semen analysis
- Advanced sperm testing
- Sperm freezing for fertility preservation and in-vitro fertilization
- Anatomic and surgical pathology
- Expert pathology interpretations by board certified pathologists, including specialists in gastrointestinal (GI) pathology and hepatopathology
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) stains
- In Situ Hybridization (ISH) special stains
- Biochemical genetics
- Cytogenetics – complete services
- SurePath® imaged pap smear technology
- Non-GYN cytology
- Fine-needle aspirate (FNA) preparation and interpretation
- Fairview Express Lab (direct access testing)
- Fetal maturity testing by lamellar body count
- Flow cytometry
- Genomic center
- Hematopathology / bone marrow
- Immunology / HLA testing
- Infectious Disease Diagnostic Laboratory
- Molecular diagnostics
- Protein and endocrine testing
- Special coagulation (Esoteric Coagulation)
- Coagulation abnormality assessments
- Factor assays
- Lupus inhibitor testing
Locations by city:
|Fairview Ridges Hospital|
201 E. Nicollet Blvd.
Burnsville, MN 55337
|Fairview Southdale Hospital|
6401 France Ave. S.
Edina, MN 55435
|University of Minnesota Medical Center - West Bank|
2312 6th St. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55454
|University of Minnesota Medical Center - East Bank|
500 Harvard St.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
|Fairview Northland Medical Center|
911 Northland Dr
Princeton, MN 55371
|Fairview Lakes Medical Center|
5200 Fairview Blvd
Wyoming, MN 55092