not only to help you die peacefully, but to live until you die."
-Dame Cicely Saunders, founder of the modern hospice movement
When life expectancy is limited, Fairview Lakes Hospice staff and volunteers will help you and your family focus on maintaining quality, giving you the power to live life with dignity while remaining as alert and pain-free as possible. Hospice provides medical, emotional, social and spiritual care. We bring these services to the familiar setting of your own home whenever possible. The same kind of care may also be given at a long-term care home, a group home, an assisted living community.
Fairview Lakes Hospice has provided end-of-life care in this community for over 25 years. Loved ones of Fairview Lakes Hospice patients overwhelmingly say they would recommend our hospice care.
To reach us, please call:
651-257-8850 or 800-314-3328
When is the right time to ask about hospice?
Hospice services are usually provided when life is expected to be less than six months, but it’s never too early to ask questions about what to expect.
What does hospice provide?
Hospice works to aggressively control pain and discomfort while offering guidance and providing:
• Pain and symptom management
• Assistance with daily activities and personal care
• Medications, medical supplies and equipment related to your diagnosis
• Support from social workers
• Visits from spiritual care providers who respect your family’s faith and beliefs
• Grief support through a period of bereavement including monthly support group
View a side-by-side comparison of our services.
Who provides care?
The core hospice team includes you and your family, nurse, social worker, chaplain and your physician. Other team members may include:
• Hospice aides
• Hospice medical director
• Bereavement counselors
Costs are covered
Hospice services are covered by the Medicare Hospice Benefit, Medical Assistance Hospice Benefit and most private insurance plans. Our social workers can assist you in obtaining coverage if needed.
• The Minnesota Dept. of Health survey rated Fairview Lakes Hospice in full compliance and deficiency-free.
• A team of nurses with specialized certification (Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse)