Fairview Hospice is able to provide many of its services because of the generosity of our volunteers. Serving as valued members of the health care team, volunteers enhance the patient and family experience by meeting specific needs. Explore a list of the different ways you can volunteer.
To volunteer, submit an application or call 612-728-2408.
- Download an application packet here or request an application be mailed to you by contacting the Volunteer Department
- Include two references with your application
- Submit MN Department of Human Services background study form with application
- You will be contacted to complete an initial screening interview
- Attend volunteer orientation and receive medical clearance from Employee Occupational Health Services
How long until I start volunteering?
- The application/screening/training process takes about three to four weeks
- To begin volunteering in early June, you should apply in April.
Are there costs involved?
- Basic training and health screenings are provided at no cost to you
- There is no mileage reimbursement for volunteers
Do I need medical experience or training?
- No, all of the training you need will be provided by Fairview Home Care and Hospice.
Do I have be a volunteer a minimum number of hours?
- A typical volunteer works 2-4 hours weekly. Scheduling is flexible
- New volunteers must commit to at least 50 hours of service total. This is usually about one year. Most volunteers continue for longer than one year
Where will I be volunteering?
- Our patients are located throughout the Twin Cities metro and Princeton areas. They live in their private homes or in care facilities
- You will choose your own assignments and can volunteer close to home
- Office volunteers will work at the office in Minneapolis at 2450 26th Ave. S.
- If you want to volunteer at a hospital, that is a different program. Find a list of our hospitals.
Interested in Volunteering?
Use the links above or call 612-728-2408
Fairview Home Care and Hospice
2450 26th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55406