Delivering an Exceptional Birth Experience
The Birthplace staff has helped women give birth to thousands of babies, but we still view every birth as unique. We work closely with you and your healthcare provider to support the choices you make in your birth plan, to ensure your experience is exceptional.
We’ve become the hospital of choice for families north of the Twin Cities, offering an extraordinary experience based on compassion, safety and quality. Our highly skilled nursing team and trusted doctors truly care for their patients throughout the birth process.
What sets us apart?
- You'll receive personal attention from skilled nurses and doctors. We help bring nearly 500 babies into the world each year, yet view every birth as unique. Our goal is to make sure your experience is exceptional; we'll work with you to design a birth plan tailored to your specific needs and preferences.
- We support patients who wish to have a vaginal birth after Cesarean (VBAC) delivery. We will do everything we can to help you safely achieve your goal.
- If needed, an operating room dedicated to obstetrical care is located within The Birthplace. This option keeps moms, babies and families close to each other at all times.
- To help ensure you know what to expect during labor and delivery, we offer free birthing and breastfeeding classes.
Take a virtual tour and hear from our staff:
Your safety and comfort matter to us
Our state-of-the-art birthing suites and dedicated operating room for C-sections and emergency procedures assure the best for you and your baby. Rooms also include free Wi-Fi so you can immediately announce your happy news.
After your baby’s birth, our experienced baby specialists will help you learn how to care for your baby. Certified, caring lactation consultants are on hand to assist and support you for successful breastfeeding, and can continue to support you after you go home. Breastfeeding supplies, including breast pumps, are available in our on-site Fairview Pharmacy.
Should your baby arrive early or need advanced care, he or she can be transported to the Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis.
Photography by First Day Photo. The Birthplace at Fairview Northland Medical Center also offers professional photography services. Your baby's portraits are taken in your hospital room by a professional photographer. You will view your proofs in your room shortly after your session and have the option to purchase the digital images so you can print as many of your baby’s portraits as you’d like, in whatever size and quantity you need.
Want to know more about The Birthplace?
Take a tour The Birthplace to learn how we can make the birth of your baby an exceptional experience. The Birthplace care team and exhibitors will be glad to answer your questions about:
- Choosing a doctor for your baby
- Free birthing and breastfeeding classes
- Additional amenities for moms and babies
- After baby services for new moms
Call The Birthplace directly at 763-389-7667 to arrange a tour.
Providers who deliver at Fairview Northland Medical Center