Breast feeding can have nutritional benefits for new babies as well as allow for bonding between mother and baby.
Inpatient Lactation Services
In the hospital, our nurses will answer questions, help new mothers learn breastfeeding and provide one-on-one assistance. If there are problems or concerns, a lactation educator or consultant may be called.
Breastfeeding Connection at Fairview Northland Medical Center
Breastfeeding Connection at Fairview Ridges Hospital
Lactation Services at Fairview Lakes Medical Center
Outpatient Lactation Services
Support at home. Because it is important to us that mothers breastfeed their babies successfully, we also support you at home. Lactation consultants are available to meet in our office locations. The cost may be covered by insurance. Call your preferred location to schedule an appointment.
Support available includes:
- How to breastfeed
- Problems with the breast or nipple
- Breastfeeding after a breast surgery
- Breastfeeding at work or school
- Taking medicines while breastfeeding
- Pumping and storing breast milk
- What to do when the baby doesn’t want to nurse
- What to do when the baby is slow to gain weight
- Breastfeeding after weaning
- Breastfeeding an adopted baby
Locations by city:
|Fairview Clinics - Andover|
13819 Hanson Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
|Fairview Clinics - Blaine|
10961 Club W Pkwy NE
Blaine, MN 55449
|Fairview Clinics - Eagan|
3305 Central Park Village Dr.
Eagan, MN 55121
|Fairview Clinics - Maple Grove|
14500 99th Ave N
Maple Grove, MN 55369