May 17 & 18, 2013
The Westin Edina Galleria, Edina, Minn.
Current Concepts in Sports Medicine spring conference features national, regional and local experts who—through lectures, panel discussions, hands-on workshops, and question and answer sessions—will share the latest in orthopedic and sports medicine research and treatment. The 2013 conference will focus on injuries of the overhead athlete.
This conference is appropriate for physicians, physician assistants, certified athletic trainers, physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, chiropractors, occupational therapists and other sports medicine providers.
Following this conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe factors contributing to elbow injuries
- Identify considerations in dealing with adolescent elbow injuries
- Explain how pitch counts factor into assessing shoulder and elbow injuries
- Discuss food and drug considerations in regard to athletic performance
- Discuss the clinical use for and evidence supporting platelet rich plasma (PRP)
View the Current Concepts brochure for more information. Or register online.