Injuries can happen anytime during the course of our daily lives. Slips, trips, falls, heavy lifting and sudden, awkward movements can lead to painful strains and sprains.
While you can’t avoid these injuries altogether, you can turn to the experts at Fairview Sports and Orthopedic Care for treatment of your injuries and to develop a plan to minimize your risk of injury in the future.
After an up front evaluation, we can reduce your pain and develop a plan to get you back to health with variety of treatments, including:
- Physical therapy to assess and treat muscle, joint and neurological conditions that limit your ability to move and perform daily activities. Treatment improves strength, coordination and balance, relieves pain and restores motion.
- Chiropractic care to restore mobility and maintain normal function of the spine, head to tail. Treatment includes stretching muscles, ligaments and tendons, massage and self-care strategies to restore range of motion.
- Medical acupuncture to relieve pain and other health problems. Treatment involves the provider inserting very thin needles at specific body points that correspond to the patient's area of pain or condition.
As the pain improves, we can work with you to help you to maximize stability and strength of the injured joint or limb with regular conditioning. We can teach you specific exercises you can do at home to increase your flexibility, strengthen your back and abdominal muscles, improve your posture and keep you in good physical condition for the long term.
Here are a few tips to stay in good condition and prevent everyday injuries:
- Exercise a few days a weeks
- Build muscle strength and flexibility
- Work on balance and stability
- Quit smoking
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Use proper body mechanics when you stand, sit and lift
Samuel Bugbee, M.D., CAQ, Sports Medicine Physician, Fairview Sports and Orthopedic Care
“Anything that forces a joint beyond its normal range of motion can cause an injury. We go beyond simply treating it to helping you maximize the stability and strength of the injured area. You get a team of doctors, physical therapists, chiropractors and athletic trainers whose goal is to get you back to 100 percent and help minimize your risk of future strains and sprains.”
612-672-7100 to schedule an appointment at any of our locations.