Do you have a muscle, joint or a neurological condition that limits your ability to move and perform daily activities? If so, physical therapy may be for you. Our physical therapists will assess your needs and design a treatment plan especially for you. They'll also work with you following surgery or to treat acute (immediate) and chronic concerns.
Fairview's physical therapists see patients at Fairview hospitals and medical centers, Fairview Sports and Orthopedic Care clinics, and at the Institute for Athletic Medicine. As part of the medical team that includes doctors, surgeons, and nurses, our physical therapists work with people of all ages. Their goals are to improve strength, coordination and balance as well as to relieve pain and restore motion.
Conditions we treat:
-Traumatic brain injuries
-Muscle, bone, and joint problems:
- ACL and other knee ligament injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Back pain
- Foot pain
- Groin strains
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
Programs and services:
- Our physical therapists complete an initial evaluation and create a treatment program that may include:
- Supervised and self-guided exercises to reduce pain and improve your strength, fitness, coordination and flexibility
- Balance and body awareness training to help you understand your body and how you move
- Exercises that simulate day-to-day activities, helping you to learn safe movement patterns
- Education to teach you self-care techniques and skills to improve your understanding of body mechanics
- Strategies to increase your daily physical activity, which research shows helps to reduce risk of re-injury
- Massage and muscle/joint manipulation.
To schedule your physical therapy appointment call 612-672-7100.