We know you have many questions about your upcoming surgery. That’s why we offer a free class on what to expect before, during and after surgery.
Plan to attend a Joint Replacement Class two to three weeks before your knee or hip surgery. This is a chance to learn more about your surgery and the special equipment you may need afterward. You will meet others who will have the same surgery, and have the opportunity to ask questions of your teachers who are nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists or care coordinators.
During the class, you will learn:
• How to prepare for your surgery
• What to expect during your hospital stay
• Which supplies that are helpful after surgery
• Ways to promote healing and reduce the risk of problems
• Fairview Lakes Medical Center
• Fairview Ridges
• Fairview Southdale
• University of Minnesota Medical Center
• Fairview Northland Medical Center
Contact Fairview OnCall at 612-672-7272 to register for an on-site class.
It is highly recommend that you attend a class at one of the above sites, but if you are unable to because of location or a time conflict we do have an online class available. When you click on the link below, it will take you to a class registration page that must be completed prior to taking the online class.
Coming soon: online joint replacement class.